Switching Phones

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Switching Phones

I have to get a Verizon phone because I am going to Alaska for three months... I was wondering if I could switch my phone number to the new phone even though it won't be virgin mobile.. It will be verizon?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Switching Phones

yes u can switch your number to verizon but once u do that will close your virgin account u will need your virgin account number and pin to port out your phone number

2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

I actually have the opposite problem, however I don't think it is possible to do what you are suggesting if what you are suggesting is porting your phone number from virgin.ca to verizon if nothing else I would think the area code would have to change and at that point you could just try change the Verizon phone number to your current number while changing to Alaska area code. Although you will probably have to get a new phone because chances are you wont be able to switch it to another network. You may want to consider AT&T instead because they are apparently the more prevalent network in Alaska (according to my husband).

yes u can switch your number to verizon but once u do that will close your virgin account u will need your virgin account number and pin to port out your phone number