Topped Up Account with Credit Card But No Money Was Added to Account

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

Topped Up Account with Credit Card But No Money Was Added to Account

Has anybody had the experience of using a credit card to top up your account and then not have any money added to your account? This happened to me even though I received the message that it could take 15 minutes for the new balance to be reflected in my account. 

If this happened to you, please tell me if you resolved this issue and how.

10 REPLIES
Agent

Re: Topped Up Account with Credit Card But No Money Was Added to Account

Hello @Margaret. Usually, when a payment is made ahead of time, the account will save that payment as an Advance Payment. This is in order to protect the balance from being used by any additional services (i.e. international calls or texts, ringtones, etc...). When the money goes into an Advance payment, the balance on the account shows "$0". You can cancel an Advance Payment at any time, which would then bring the money back to the account balance. You can access your account online and cancel the Advance Payment in this website https://goo.gl/ros6pb.

Heavy Hitter

Thank you for your response.Smiley Happy

(I neglected to mention that I am on Assurance Wireless.) I looked over my account and I did not see anything about advance payments that would be related to my issue. In addition, I still had less than $2.00 in my Top Up account when I attempted to make the Top Up and the transaction never showed up in my bank account.

I just want to add that I did contact Assurance Wireless and the representative told me that there was no sign of any transaction and he did not know what could have occurred.

Agent

Good morning Margaret and thank you for your response.

Did you check with your bank if the number where the Top-Up went through is correct?

Looking forward to your reply.

RB-1991 (Robert).

Heavy Hitter

Thank you for your reply.

I checked with my bank and I was informed that 

1)There was no payment to my cellular provider on the date I attempted the transaction .

2)The bank could not find a trace of any approved or declined payments to my cellular provider on the date I attempted the transaction .

I am going to assume that the system did not work properly for my transaction and that no harm was done. I just have to try to add the money to my account again.

Groupie

Yes it happen to me this morning when I topped up 10$.

I haven't gone online to my bank acount yet to see if i've been charged for it?

With all that Virginmobile is going thru it doesn't surprise me if I neve rget the minutes..

As long as I get credit for minutes later when things settle down I'll be okay with the delay.

Heavy Hitter

Thank you for your reply. I thought I was the only one that this happened to. It never happened to me before. I will try again to add minutues to my account and see what happens.

Groupie

That short url took me to the https://www.virginmobileusa.com/#!/shop/phones/ page?

Maybe it's my shot out Laptop that's in error?

I have Virgin. Have been having this problem ever since they changed their site. Says payment is a success but never actually does anything. I've tried this so many times and it is always the same result. Can't find solution. Online support is the phone manual which is no help. I keep searching the community but just keep finding more people with the same problem (there are a lot of them) and no solution.

Heavy Hitter

Thank you for your response. The more customers talk about having this problem, the more likely Virgin Mobile will find out what the problem is and solve it.