Transferred to Boost and am now told I loss my $222.25 VM cash balance.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Transferred to Boost and am now told I loss my $222.25 VM cash balance.

I had my phone transferred to Boost yesterday on 2/8 by VM.  I had just made my monthly payment to VM on 2/6, good for service through 3/6.  My remaining VM cash account balance was $222.25 yesterday AM.

Once I had the Boost account setup, I checked my balance.  Boost reported a balance of $0.  I phoned them and they confirmed I had no money in my account.  None had transferred, and in fact I owed them for my service starting 2/8.  I informed them I had just paid ahead one month to VM on 2/6.  They went ahead and credited me one month service (which I had already paid for).  I got referred back to VM for the balance transfer, who then referred me back to Boost.  This went on a half a dozen times.  Finally, I was told that the money is gone and nobody can do anything about it!!!

Now I have it in writing that my VM cash balance would transfer, AND confirmed it with several VM reps prior to moving the account.  I did not cancel my VM account, nor did I give anyone permission to do so, it was to be transferred.  Per all of the instructions I've been receiving, this was to be the required transfer and that was crystal clear to the VM rep who initiated it.  Of course the balance would transfer, everything says that it would.  If VM made some mistake in moving the account, it is their mistake and certainly not mine.  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Transferred to Boost and am now told I loss my $222.25 VM cash balance.

Hello zaqxsw. Any remaining account balance on Virgin Mobile will transfer to Boost Mobile after your account is migrated. We'd like to review your account. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Re: Transferred to Boost and am now told I loss my $222.25 VM cash balance.

Apparently, if you call in and ask for your account to be migrated, you lose your balance, but are not told that.  The migration has to happen automatically.  Kind of interesting info. after the fact.

After so many years of frustrations, I'm glad I'm done with them!!!