Virgin Mobile

Tried to make payment w debit

SOLVED
Master

Tried to make payment w debit

Payment with debit or credit card : where u enter card number its dulled out. Red marker says click to enter card details. 128 bit encryption and you only have 2 minutes. I put everything in and got white screen. I must not have finished in time! Really? 2 minutes! Its absurd . im not young and there should be no time limit for payment details.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Tried to make payment w debit

You're welcome.  If you have any other question or concern, just let us know.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Agent

Hi slinkybinx! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is our pleasure to assist you. Are you trying to make a payment through the application or a web browser? ~AmyM25

Master

I tried thru the app on the phone first then git on google and tried.
Agent

Sorry to hear that, @slinkybinx. Have you tried to make the payment by dialing *729?

Master

Thank you I will try *729
Highlighted
Agent

You're welcome.  If you have any other question or concern, just let us know.

View solution in original post

Rising Star

How is this considered resolved? The payment page is suspicious - why would it say 128 bit encryption and then give a time limit? This is a tactic hackers use to make you rush into doing something you normally would not if you had the time to think about it. I called support and they knew nothing about it, or about any change to the payment process. I am currently emailing back and forth with support trying to find out someone who knows anything about this new page. Customers got no advance notice that the payment process was changing. So if this is legit then someone did a really bad job, on notification and page design. But, maybe they want everyone not to pay one time payments (top up) online...

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CST. We confirmed that page design is correct. We understand that the time limit that is programmed on the security tool can be inconvenient. We'll escalate your feedback. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We remain at your service.

Rising Star

Thank you. It is odd that there is only 128 bit encryption, especially when there's this added "security" feature of a time limit. So, along with the feedback you are escalating to the appropriate person, please add a recommendation for stronger encryption, at least for people with browsers that can handle it. And, a notice on the page that at least says things have changed. Better to have would be more information about the new page so when people are directed there they can verify against what is on the main page for more confidence. If you can't put more information on the page, then link to more information on your main website. The time limit may just be an "inconvenience" as you say, but it's also a hacker tactic and people are entering their credit card info so we want some assurances! Thanks.

We truly apologize for this inconvenience, chamberlainke. You can rest assured knowing that we will do everything in our power to resolve this.