Virgin Mobile

Tried to make payment w debit

SOLVED
Master

Re: Tried to make payment w debit

I posted about this popup a month ago and it's still not fixed?  The only thing on the Top-Up payment page that was making it not fully secure was loading a single image from a non-secure server.  As a web developer I know it should have been a lot easier to remedy that image to make the page secure than implement this sketchy-looking time-limited pop-up window (which, btw, I was specifically told by customer support NOT to use).  I was able to top-up through the automated phone system, though that hung up on me before the final confirmation, thankfully my account was credited.

You should make it as easy and convenient as possible for us to give you our money. Because it's pretty easy for pay-as-you-go customers to switch to another carrier if you don't. 

Rising Star

Re: Tried to make payment w debit - new top-up payment page!

THANK YOU Offworld! Now I know why the "solution" was to call in the payment. I loved your other post, so right. Why does nobody in customer support know about this new page? I do think it is time to move on...

Rising Star

Re: Tried to make payment w debit - new top-up payment page!

Well, I used it - the new payment pop up - but as I have been doing all along: virtual cc number with time and amount limits. It did work fine.

Hopefully more people will see this thread and this will change in the future...good luck to fellow top-up customers!

DMA
Whiz Kid

@Offworld Exactly right.  My family and I are pay-as-you-go customers, with 5 phones -- been paying as we go for 7 faithful years now, and have recommended Virgin Mobile to many of our friends -- but we're considering switching because it's much more difficult now to get through the hoops in order TO pay as we go.  It's obvious that they don't want us, but we've done the contract thing with phone carriers before and refuse to go there again.  If we're forced to commit to a contract, we'll do it with another company just for principal's sake.  Because not only is it more difficult now to pay as you go, but TWICE we've had to call them to add features that we thought we already had, then got DOUBLE CHARGED, but could not get hold of a real person to get it corrected and have those double charges credited back to our account.  Also (in addition to that), TWICE my husband has called them and paid extra to make sure we have international calling, but once my daughters got to Europe, and then later, my husband in Sweden, they were UNABLE to use their phones AT ALL (not even text, even though we have unlimited data) except to check Google Hangouts in a building with Wi-Fi.  So yeah....  their payment system(s), and services being paid for, are messed up.  And there seems to be no way to get help with these things, which is why I joined the forums today, hoping to find out how to get back the extra money we paid by being double charged. 

Agent

Hello, @DMA. We're sorry to know about the issues you'd experienced with our service. Can you please send us a PM with your phone number and PIN? You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

DMA
Whiz Kid

@Nosh_CxUx  PM sent.