Tried to use my PayLo account balance to purchase a phone.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Tried to use my PayLo account balance to purchase a phone.

Wanted to use my PayLo account balance to purchase a phone for my daughter.

She chose a Samsung. I called Customer Service and explained the request. Agent verified the balance in my account — which was not quite enough to cover the phone — and said that the additional amount for the phone would be charged to my credit card.

My credit card would not allow the transaction, so my daughter said to use hers.

Agent used my daughter’s credit card number, gave me the order number and said that $36.95 would be charged to my daughter’s credit card.

Daughter received an e-mail from her credit card company. Turns out, the Customer Service Agent charged the entire amount to my daughter’s card, not the $36.95 she quoted me.

Questions:
Is it possible to use the balance in a PayLo account to (mostly) pay for an android phone?
If so, can this situation be fixed?
Or should we return the phone when it arrives, and start over? If so, can the phone be returned somewhere in person, or would it need to be shipped back?

This is so frustrationg!

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Tried to use my PayLo account balance to purchase a phone.

Hello Di54ppo1n73d. Thanks for contacting us. We're glad to assist you. Even though it is possible to use your balance to make a phone purchase, you need to have the whole balance on the account in order to do so. We'd recommend you to return the phone, and when you get the refund, then add the missing balance to your account to purchase it using the account balance. You also have the option of keeping the phone. ~AmyM25

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Hello Di54ppo1n73d. Thanks for contacting us. We're glad to assist you. Even though it is possible to use your balance to make a phone purchase, you need to have the whole balance on the account in order to do so. We'd recommend you to return the phone, and when you get the refund, then add the missing balance to your account to purchase it using the account balance. You also have the option of keeping the phone. ~AmyM25

View solution in original post

Whiz Kid

Thank you for your response, AmyM25. 

It is difficult for a company to make sure everyone knows everything, but since the Customer Service Agent made the error, I do feel it’s unfair that I’ll have to pay to return the phone.

I appreciate your clarification and advice, though — thanks again.

Whiz Kid

I've tried contacting on this because I've got a bit of credit saved up and I'd like to use it. Have gotten no response. Would like to use this before this all gets lost in the switch to Boost. Thanks

Hi NC37! Please send us a private message to assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

Enthusiast

I would suggest that you dispute the charge with the credit card company if VM isn't willing to credit your account immediately. Otherwise, you are going to end up paying for the phone AND not having one of you send it back.