Unable to migrate to Boost Mobile family plan - Virgin iphones "are not compatible"

Enthusiast

Unable to migrate to Boost Mobile family plan - Virgin iphones "are not compatible"

Was talking to technical support of Boost Mobile about migrating my 3 lines from Virgin mobile into Boost's Mobile family plan. They said "sure, no problem" but then told me that Virgin iphones I have currently on my Virgin account (iPhone 7 + iPhone 7 Plus + iPhone 11) - are not "compatible" with Boost mobile network. They are not explaining how it can be in case of same Sprint network but promise to "try to make it compatible". This is sound strange from technical standpoint but is it something known to Virgin? Should I start looking for alternative options to port my phone number out before migration to Boost happened? I did not receive any notification from Virgin about migration to Boost even been customer for about 10 years, is it still going to come? 3 lines and no notifications on any of them....

1 REPLY 1

Re: Unable to migrate to Boost Mobile family plan - Virgin iphones "are not compatible"

Don’t you fret, abruevich! We’ll get you all sorted out. All VMU handsets - EXCEPT for MBB devices and Blackberry - will work on Boost once they are transitioned. Virgin branding will still appear on the handset when the handset is powered on.