Unlock my phone

Enthusiast

Unlock my phone

Hello, I send an email about 5 days ago. I would like to have my phone unlock since the switch is being made to boost mobile. My phone is a Galaxy j7. The case number I was given is Case #*****. Since I haven't been emailed back in the 24-48 hrs I was told in the respond email, I decided to leave the comment here in hope to get a fast respond. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Unlock my phone

Hi, Mon85. Please send us a private message with the account phone number, pin code.

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

Hi...I hope the same thing that happened to me doesn't happen to me. Last week I called Virgin Mobile and was told a phone that was given to me, but hasn't had service in over a year, was eligible to be unlocked and it would take 3 to 5 days. I was even given a case number. Yesterday I inquired to see if it had been unlocked and all of a sudden I'm told it doesn't meet the requirements. I am now being told the person who had the phone prior to me didn't have service for 12 months...was told only 6 months. I know for a fact the person who gave me the phone had service well over a year. Unfortunately he has passed so getting exact information is difficult. I truly believe some of the things taking place with Virgin Mobile before the merge are down right dishonest.

Highlighted
Agent

Hi, Callastats. Virgin Mobile will assist with unlocking a device under the following circumstances:

The device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months with the account active at that time.

Unfortunately, it was not active for 12 months. It is not eligible.

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

YES IT WAS ACTIVE FOR AT LEAST 12 MONTHS!

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

Y'ALL ARE SAYING HE ACTIVATED THE PHONE WHILE HE WAS IN A NURSING HOME AFTER HAVING A STROKE. HE COULDN'T EVEN TALK!

Highlighted

Hey there, Callastats! We apologize for the confusion. Can you please clarify your request?

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

I am wanting to unlock a phone that had Virgin Mobile service at one time. I called last week and was told it met the requirements and was even given a case number. Now I am being told it can't be unlocked because it didn't have service for 12 months. I'm told the activation date was when the owner of the phone was in a nursing home after suffering a major stroke. There is no way he activated the phone on that date because he couldn't even talk. And he had that phone a long time before he even went in the nursing home.

Highlighted
Agent

We apologize for this experience, @Callastats. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

How do I send a private message? I already had send an email with the information.