Virgin Mobile

Unlocked iPhone X, sim card, and Customer Service Experience

Whiz Kid

Unlocked iPhone X, sim card, and Customer Service Experience

Having issues with activating my phone which Virgin Mobile has been unable to resolve for a week and half. Wanted to share my experience and to caution others for using the service and also trying to do the BYOD option VM has. I have been having the absolute worst customer service experience for the past week and a half. I purchased an unlocked iPhone X that is compatible with the network that Virgin Mobile is on; put in my phone ID number so that VM can send me a sim card to use and they sent me the wrong sim card. After calling them about the issue,  I was told they were "out of stock" for iPhone X sim cards (how does a national company run out of sim cards to send to their customers?? - I wasn't calling a brick and mortar store, I was directly calling the company). I was then told to go to a Sprint or Apple store to obtain my own sim card. Did as I was told after many frustrating trips where all Sprint stores were also "out of stock" and still could not activate my phone - though VM said my phone appeared activated on their network on their end, my phone said "No Service" and so I could not use it. Called VM again and after explaining my situation, I explained it is completely reasonable for them to now send me the correct sim card since they had originally sent me the wrong one. Was told it would be Express Shipping given that this was their original mistake. After 2 days and not receiving anything, called them again to ask where it was. Was told it would arrive via regular shipping and 3 days later, which is extremely frustrating and misleading. Again, after some discussion, I was told they had put a new order in and the card would be sent and I would receive it in 2 days or so. Again, 2 days pass by and I don't receive my card. Literally just got off of the phone with another represenative saying that my sim card will arrive in 3 days. After each call, I have been told my case is "escalated" (which really does not do anything to one's case except bring false comfort of mind to the customer). The inconsistency and lack of honest information between Virgin Mobile and its customers is a sad but true reflection of how much they value their customers. I have been a VM customer for at least 6 years, but after this episode, I really think the small up-cost of other carriers is worth the better cellular and customer service.