SOLVED
Heavy Hitter

Unlocking phone

I need help unlocking a phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Unlocking phone

Hey there, Callastats! Virgin Mobile will assist with unlocking a device under the following circumstances:

• The device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
  • The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months with the account active at that time

If you believe you meet the above requirements and would like to request that your DSU-capable device be unlocked, contact Virgin Mobile Customer Care by dialing 1-888-322-1122.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hey there, Callastats! Virgin Mobile will assist with unlocking a device under the following circumstances:

• The device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
  • The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months with the account active at that time

If you believe you meet the above requirements and would like to request that your DSU-capable device be unlocked, contact Virgin Mobile Customer Care by dialing 1-888-322-1122.

View solution in original post

Whiz Kid

Hi @VMU_MasielQ

You (Virgin Mobile) are transferring your services to Boost and I do not want to transfer to them. I want to move to a different provider as I do not like Boost mobile's service. Therefore I want my phone unlocked.

Unfortunately, your customer care (Virgin Mobile) will not allow it. They still insist that the phone should be at least 12 months old. I think this 12 month rules is totally unfair as I was caught off guard by your decision to move to Boost Mobile. I am very disappointed.

Thanks

Enthusiast

I got the same type of response. However, my take on the situation is that is probably the same cellular/data service, at least in my area at this time, just the customer service might be changing.

I am going to wait out my 12 months (just a few months left). But it was disappointing to get this answer.