Unlocking phone

SOLVED
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Unlocking phone

Hi there, @mugglehuggles. Please send us a private message so we can take a closer look at this. Are you currently using the phone on your account?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

@Annie1424 - as mentioned in my post, I did send in a private message.

My service just expired today, so while the phone is still linked to the service, it’s not currently active.
Agent

@mugglehuggles: Please try sending the PM one more time, we don't see your message in the records.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

If anyone's reading this thread looking for a quick answer that isn't just "PM an agent for assistance", just so you know, your new phone service might be able to take your current phone if you trade it in and you'll get a discount off of a brand new one. I just got $500 off an iPhone XR by trading in my iPhone 7 which I bought used from Virgin Mobile for much less than that with my new service.

If you do still want to unlock your phone, the agents may still be able to assist you with that (but don't try to access this website on mobile because you literally can't see anything on the page with the unnecessary sidebar with fake links in the way), it'll just take a lot of waiting for them to respond -- so don't wait until the day your service expires and you need your phone for GPS immediately like I did.