Virgin Mobile

Virgin BYOP process failure... What are next steps?

SOLVED
Enthusiast

Virgin BYOP process failure... What are next steps?

I aquired a iPhone 7, went to the Virgin Mobile Bring your own phone check page, typed in the IMEI and it said that I *could* use the phone on the virgin mobile network and prompted me to order a SIM, which I did.

I have received the SIM, installed it and went to the activation process - Using the same IMEI as above it immediately comes back and says "lets try that again, please re-enter the IMEI".  I've tried the IMEI, MEID and ESN... 

For a little more context, looking at the API calls that the page does to proceed to the next step results in one of the API calls returning a 500 and the following contents.  I am guessing this means I need to "resku" the phone?  How is this done?

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "code": "38",
      "description": "DOES_NOT_EXIST_IN_DB: ReSKU info is not found in DEVICE_RESKU table."
    },
    {
      "code": "Server.704",
      "description": "nms_exception"
    }
  ]
}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Virgin BYOP process failure... What are next steps?

Hello there, @gilleyj! So we can look into it, please send us a private message with your phone IMEI # and the SIM ID. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Agent

Hello there, @gilleyj! So we can look into it, please send us a private message with your phone IMEI # and the SIM ID. Thanks.

Enthusiast

I have sent a private reply to you, thank you.