Virgin Mobile transferring to Boost - no notification

Whiz Kid

Virgin Mobile transferring to Boost - no notification

So am I one of the only long time Virgin Mobile customers out there that has yet to receive any email or text notification that my service is transferring to Boost Mobile? The only way I found out was that my husband received an email about it about three weeks ago.  He and I have the same plans, same phone, my email is on my account, but I've received absolutely no communication from VM whatsoever.  Luckily for me I went through and did screen shots of the FAQs and how to log in, but I don't even know when my service is supposed to officially transfer.  Can anyone help?? 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Virgin Mobile transferring to Boost - no notification

That’s definitely not okay. So sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this, mayjay71! Virgin Mobile customers will start transitioning to Boost Mobile on 2/6/2020.  You will be receiving an SMS Notification regarding your transition to Boost Mobile.  The transition to Boost Mobile will occur on your next Monthly Payment Date after you receive the SMS Notification.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Re: Virgin Mobile transferring to Boost - no notification

You are NOT the only one not to be notified!  I’ve been with VMUSA almost since the beginning and this transfer/shutdown/absorption has been a disaster since the get-go.  (I Did finally got a text message late last week! ”Thanks”, VM!)

Conflicting info, private messages with reps to address “issues”, seems as if the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing.  

I’ve emailed two times asking about the CURRENT VM hotspot add-on AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY REPLY!   The $5 & $10 hot spot options have magically disappeared from the add-on options page and have been replaced with a bunch of other stuff I never heard of.  I like the mobile hotspot option when I’m on a road trip.  Guess I’ll be doing without the hotspot this coming week!   “Thanks” again, VM!

My advice is to get any cash balance down to zero, make sure you have a registered funding source and then wait out the transfer.   It could be interesting!