Virgin Mobile

Waiting on Activation / Number Port...

SOLVED
Enthusiast

Waiting on Activation / Number Port...

Been waiting for 4+ hours, still 'Porting Number'...

Please kindly help, as I can't be without phone access (I work for myself).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: Waiting on Activation / Number Port...

All online methods and attempts at activation failed, despite me having provided exactly what was asked for in the above post to email support and 3 community CS agents. It took me an hour on the phone between two departments, but Mark from Port-In got me activated at about 11am GMT-5 today.

Now on the Virgin network and going strong: 40mbps down in Western NC. Great call clarity so far, too.

Worth the frustration, IMO.

15 REPLIES 15
Enthusiast

I do have cellular bars, but cannot make calls/use data/etc; Can't log in to account either as it suggests 'preactive' status.

Coming from Cricket, FWIW.

Enthusiast

Activation #
Wizard

Ports can take up to one business day although many complete quickly.

Try doing a carrier reset which is ##CLEAR# and then a service update which is ##UPDATE#.

Enthusiast

Failed.

I was NOT asked for a PIN for my former carrier during the Activation/Port Process, and I'm being informed that the lack of a PIN is the reason why I have no service yet. 'Confirmed' that an incorrect PIN was holding up the process, but the corect PIN was provided-- the 10 minutes have well passed since the issue was to be cleared up according to the email rep.

I have provided the correct Cricket PIN via PM to 3 different Virgin CS Reps on the forum and emailed CS with the correct PIN to no avail. I confirmed the PIN I provided to said Virgin reps was correct on Cricket's website this morning.

Getting more than a little annoyed.

Agent

Hey there, Leafwise! We truly apologize for the late reply! To further help you, please send us a private message including:

- The number from Cricket you wish to port-in.

- The PIN from the Cricket number.

- The account number from Cricket.

Looking forward to your reply!

RB-1991 (Robert)

Enthusiast

All online methods and attempts at activation failed, despite me having provided exactly what was asked for in the above post to email support and 3 community CS agents. It took me an hour on the phone between two departments, but Mark from Port-In got me activated at about 11am GMT-5 today.

Now on the Virgin network and going strong: 40mbps down in Western NC. Great call clarity so far, too.

Worth the frustration, IMO.

Highlighted
Agent

We deeply apologize for the hassle, but it's good to know you finally made it.

Don't doubt to contact us again if you need help with anything else. We're here to serve you!

RB-1991 (Robert)

Whiz Kid

Hey I am waiting on activation. I was told I was activated just enter ##873283# but it just keeps saying carrier update failed. Please help me out so I can get my phone activated
Agent

Hi there, adam11209! Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue! Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin code so we can review this further.