Virgin Mobile

What's the deal with unlocking phone...? VM to Mint

Whiz Kid

What's the deal with unlocking phone...? VM to Mint

I've been trying to get my Samsung Galaxy S5 unlock and to no avail, went through multiple customer service agents, each giving different approaches. Waited 48-72 hours received no notification etc.

Read somewhere that phones released before February 2015 can't be unlocked through VirginMobile even though I bought from it.(My phone and account fits all the requirements to get unlock).

Received an MSL code by one VM agent and was told to call the new service carrier(MintMobile) to unlock my phone there, but they don't have the option to unlock any phones thats not sold by them, even when I provided the MSL code... told me to call Samsung, no luck there either.

So is my phone just locked permanently or what?

Just want to use the other carrier for a wider coverage for an upcoming trip, Bloody Fustrated.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: What's the deal with unlocking phone...? VM to Mint

Don’t fret, MetalHead! We’ve got you. Please send me a private message with your phone number and PIN. 

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Enthusiast

Re: What's the deal with unlocking phone...? VM to Mint

Hey MetalHead, I’m going through the same thing. I requested the acct number so I could switch my number to Mint. I was told I must wait the 24 -72 hrs(this was last Thursday) which came and went. Asked what’s the status was told request as sent urgent (Monday) that came and went tried again after another 24 hrs was told no new updates. My sister had to call yesterday because I have no current way to call, and was told they can not unlock it since the phone is not active for 365 days. Then this morning I hget the email saying the same thing can’t unlock phone which is bull because I have been with them since 2017 and I bought my phone like a lot of other people have, so good luck they just believe in keeping ppl hostage. I’m still battling them and my Mint is active but no phone to use and wasted money and frustration.