Why isn't my phone unlocking?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Why isn't my phone unlocking?

I had my phone for over a year, I unlocked it on 2/5 and it is now 2/8 and my phone is still not unlocked. I have already transferred my phone number and have no way of reaching anyone at Virgin Mobile. 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

Re: Why isn't my phone unlocking?

If VM unlocked it for you, you need to go to Settings->System Updates->tap "Update Profile"->phone should refresh SIM data & reboot->go to same screen after reboot & the UICC Unlock should now read "Your device is unlocked for any SIM card".  If you perform a factory reset or master reset by the ##RTN# (aka ##786#) it will relock to Sprint cards.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Is this for iPhone? If so, I can't seem to find "System Updates". 

But thank you! I've received more help from you than anyone else.

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

Oh.  You got an Iphone.  To do it on an Iphone go to Home screen->Phone->dial ##873283#->hit "Call"->hit OK->profile will update (which should unlock it if they filed the request)->hit OK->device may reboot after which it'll be unlocked

https://devicehelp.virginmobileusa.com/scenario/iPhone_X/Virgin_Mobile/en/Update_the_Data_Profile

Do not perform a master/factory/hard (whatever it's called on Iphones) reset or it WILL relock it to Sprint cards.  A soft reset is fine if needed from what I've been told.  I unlocked mine the day after I called & requested it but did not get the text telling me to do it until a couple days later so you should be able to do it now.  Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I'm in the exact same boat. I requested an unlock and was given the 48-72hr window. Still not unlocked. I tried the tool above and my phone says profile failed. 

I can't call out because i already did the phone transfer.

Please help

Highlighted
Enthusiast

@θ_Rules 

Highlighted

So sorry about the trouble! Can you please send us a private message with the details, so we can work through this? 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

How do I send a PM?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

PM sent

Highlighted

Please check your inbox.