You should unlock my phone

Highlighted
Enthusiast

You should unlock my phone

Hi 

I posted this on another thread but the thread was updated to resolved!

You (Virgin Mobile) are transferring your services to Boost and I do not want to transfer to them. I want to move to a different provider as I do not like Boost mobile's service. Therefore I want my phone unlocked.

Unfortunately, your customer care (Virgin Mobile) will not allow it. They still insist that the phone should be at least 12 months old. I think this 12 month rules is totally unfair as I was caught off guard by your decision to move to Boost Mobile. I am very disappointed.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Agent

Re: You should unlock my phone

Hello rahs. Thanks for contacting us. In order to have a device unlocked, there are some requirements that need to be met:

-The device has 12 uninterrupted/consecutive months active with our service, and you can provide the actual or former phone number, account name and PIN for the account.
-The phone must be under Sprint coverage.
-The device has not been reported lost or stolen.

The unlock policy still remains the same right now, and if the device does not qualify to be unlocked, we are not able to unlock it. Most of the requirements are meant to prevent fraud. If someone loses their phone, for example, it cannot be unlocked that easily. However, if there is any change in the policy, we will let customers know. We apologize for the inconveniences. ~AmyM25

Highlighted
Agent

Hi rahs. We have good news! Now we can help you with your unlock request. Please, reach us in a private message so we can assist you further. Thanks. ~AmyM25

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

im in the same boat! the agent on the phone assured me that mine would be unlocked, but got the same email message saying that because its less than 365 days old its ineligible. its stated that this somehow eliminates fraud, but, it IS my phone, purchased from virgin mobile, and I want it unlocked since you sold out to another company and im not sure if im going to stay with them! i cannot afford another new phone, and this one would be useless if i decided not to stay with boost!

Highlighted
Agent

Hi, slimepig. Please send us a private message with the account phone number, pin code, and the IMEI.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

So you tell me you have good news and I sent a prviate message sharing all my account details - PIN / IMEI code / phone number to you all and then I get a message from  :

==========

Hey there, rahs! Your device does not qualify for it to be unlocked. It needs to be active for at least 12 months. 

==========

This is ANNOYING. If you cannot fix the problem at least do not make me run around in circles.

Highlighted

We understand your frustration & are truly sorry for the inconvenience!

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Bottomline is, I paid for the phone in FULL. You have no right to keep it locked when you are making significant changes to your service.