Your Virgin Mobile Account is Transferring to Boost Mobile

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Your Virgin Mobile Account is Transferring to Boost Mobile

I received an email from Virgin Mobile with this subject line "Your Virgin Mobile Account is Transferring to Boost Mobile".  It includes a good deal of information.  It has been a good, long run with Virgin Mobile but according to the email, I need to update my payment method from PayPal to a credit or debit card by 2/2.  All told, this might help with a family plan which VM did not have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Will my new Samsung galaxy still be locked when my account is moved to Boost?

Your new Boost Price Plan will be at the same or lower Monthly cost than what you pay today and will have the same or better features included in the plan. Information about your new plan will be available when you are transitioned to Boost.

~JoyP.

View solution in original post

206 REPLIES 206
Whiz Kid

Re: Your Virgin Mobile Account is Transferring to Boost Mobile

I just received the same email today. This is insane. I am basically being FORCED to migrate to Boost Mobile, which has NO COVERAGE in my area. Nada, Zip. My phone is basically a BRICK now. I want the money that I have on the phone back. I cannot believe that Virgin/Boost would just take my  money and give me NO service at all.  I need someone from Customer Service to reply back ASAP on this matter.

Enthusiast

Thank you for posting! My mother received the same text message today and I told her not to click on the link because it sounded like a scam. It claimed Virgin Mobile USA will be discontinuing and all customers would be moved to Boost Mobile. It also said she would have to click on the link to add a new credit card option since Boost did not accept PayPal. I'm also a Virgin Mobile customer and I did not get any message about this so called merger or Virgin Mobile being discontinued. I've been looking for information online and found nothing, so I came here to ask and saw your post.

Can anyone confirm that this is a scam? I saved a screenshot of the text as well.

Whiz Kid

My son received the same email today.  There are four of us on Virgin Mobile, (three that use paypal) and he's the only one that got this email.  It sounds like a scam to get our paypal info, but I'll check back to see if Virgin Mobile replies to your post.

Whiz Kid

I got a text message about this as well as an email a few hours later! I updated my payment information an hour ago without using any links because I thought it was a scam at first. I have no idea how Boost Mobile will affect my coverage! Apparently my cousin was trying to text me through the whole ordeal and her service provider (Boost) was charging her $.25 because she was texting a landline (i.e. me). I have no idea what's going on, but it all started today and it's really ticking me off! Customer Service won't let me speak to a representative either, so I can't even ask why this is all happening!

Whiz Kid

I thought it was a scam too, but I then received an email about it. I asked my fiance, who is also a Virgin Mobile customer if he received anything but he enrolled in auto-pay so he probably wouldn't receive it. I updated my payment information without using any links and everything was fine.

Enthusiast

I'm enrolled in Auto Pay and still haven't received any notice. I'll automatically be paying for a month of service on the 8th, so I'm a little concerned about how this is going to be handled. If this is happening, then everyone should be aware so that we can have time to look elsewhere. As it is right now, I either need to find and switch to another company tomorrow or I'm going to be stuck moving to Boost on the 6th of next month. I just don't know if I should bother because there is no official word from Virgin Mobile. You would think the website would have something. I checked their Facebook and they haven't officially announced it on there either. People are only being alerted via text message or email. I did go to the Community section of their Facebook page and found where two people are replying to posts and confirming this information to be true. Why no official statements though? I'd think if I'm going to be paying for a plan in two days that will move me to Boost that I would at least have some information on that merger and what I should expect when I'm transferred. I don't even know if I will have service from the 8th to the 8th or if I will have to renew early on the 6th with Boost. Or if I'll be paying more, etc. Still hoping it isn't true since this is not how you treat loyal customers.

Whiz Kid

I received the same email message today also for an account setup for my mom. The account has a credit & I have called customer service 3 times & been referred to Boost. My question is can I be credited back the unused funds but no one seems to have an answer!!! 

I need help, please !!!

Enthusiast

I'm on AutoPay and I got the email today. I hope I'm not going to be forced into a more expensive, use-it-or-lose-it monthly plan...

Enthusiast

@ticiah77- Unfortunately no one at VM is answering this thread. You may want to try emailing them under the Support option of the website or, if you have Facebook, try sending them a message on there. They do seem to be replying to people on the Virgin Mobile USA Facebook page. People there are saying they can't get answers over the phone as well.