Your Virgin Mobile Account is Transferring to Boost Mobile

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

Re: Virgin Mobile Transfer To Boost Mobile - Pay as you go no data

I too am a legacy user who neither needs nor wants data.  None of the Virgin "social care" agents appears to be online to answer this question.  Please contact me when you get back to work.  Thanks.

Enthusiast

Re: Virgin Mobile Transfer To Boost Mobile - Pay as you go no data

Beginning to suspect those of us here are talking to a wall. They bailed and sold out so have no vested interest in keeping this site active. In order to get on the new owners site I think we have to change our plans over in effect agreeing to what they say. Not sure I want to do that if I want to push a full refund. Been a customer for around 12 to 15 years and will be sorry to lose the phone but their choice, not mine. Between the wife and I, we have around $500 in our balance that could be more useful other places. Our only choice is lose a service that costs around $100 a year and replace it with a service costing somewhere around $600 a year plus the price of a new phone....ummm....not likely.

Whiz Kid

Re: Your Virgin Mobile Account is Transferring to Boost Mobile

I've heard through the grape vine that they are only kicking non ios users and becoming a strictly apple service. But they stre still offering android on their store soo It's confusing. Also pretty frustrating after 11 years of being a loyal coustomer and being dropped into another service provider just because I prefer android to the iphone. They're going to lose a big chunk of their base with this transition.
Whiz Kid

Boost, PayLo Account Balances, and Buying a New Phone

Ok. So I got the email about transferring to Boost. It said I would have to change to a new plan on Boost and register with a credit or debit card to get service.

1. I can't afford a new plan that's 10 times as much as my current plan.

2. I use my phone for emergencies only, so I basically never use it.

3. I don't have a credit card and don't want to put my bank account at risk by using my debit card. 

I have a $300 account balance. Before I was notified of the switch, I was planning on saving up money in my account to buy a new phone and pay for service when I needed a new phone. Now I'm being forced into buying a new phone and a new plan. The problem is that customer service says you can use account credit to buy a new phone, but there's a catch, it has to be an Android, which I don't want. 

I called BOTH Virgin Mobile and Boost customer service and was told two different things. Virgin Mobile told me that buying an iPhone wouldn't be a problem, but the forums here say credit can't be used on them. Boost told me that I could use my credit to buy a phone through them (not sure if he even understood what I was asking). 

The representative from Boost told me that he could give me the phone number for Virgin Mobile so I could purchase a new phone, then not even a minute later told me that he was from Virgin Mobile. He also told me that Boost will have a "comparable" service option to the PayLo plan, which the email said that isn't the case. The email also said that the deadline was January 17, but I was told by both customer service reps that the switch will be February 2. 

Someone needs to get things straight. Is Virgin just going to give the middle finger to PayLo customers and tell them to either waste their money on a phone and service that they won't use, or lose their hundreds of dollars of account credit? Can I use my credit to buy an iPhone or not? Will Boost have a plan that isn't going to be "use it or lose it"? It would be great if Virgin Mobile kept their promises to customers about using their credit. The way I see it, everyone's accounts should be transferred over to Boost and then you should be notified to make changes (and what changes are possible), instead of giving people a month's (or less?) notice for them to get a new phone and come up with hundreds of dollars for phones that they probably barely use. 

Whiz Kid

Will my new Samsung galaxy still be locked when my account is moved to Boost?

I was told phone would be unlocked after 12 months, but the Boost transfer is happening before that.  When and how do I get the phone unlocked?

Enthusiast

Yes, Mom age 93 and I have the same problem...she rarely uses her phone and has a near $400 balance and a few times Virgin Mobile removes $20 for the next 3 month period to keep her balance under $400.  We don't chit chat on the phone only to see if she needs milk and bread when at the store.  I, also, have well over $100 balance and it is growing.  I wonder if Boost will allow us to keep our left over money from each 3-month period if they will continue to allow our plan (pay by the minute at $20 every 90 days) to exist.  I called Boost and wanted to know if there was an option for a refund, that is, cash out and not transfer...she said no...but I could buy a phone to use up the money but we are satisfied with our flip phones.  I believe we should be offered to cash out our accounts as many on this forum have expressed and Virgin Mobile should ask us if we'd like to do so and close out our accounts before being transferred...that's my thoughts.

Agent

Hi there GB100. Thank you for your concerns. As we are moving forward on the transfer to Boost mobile, please rest assure that you will be placed on compatible plan and will be notify accordingly on all changes by 2/6/2020. Victor21

Enthusiast

I haven't heard anything about VM sticking around for just iphone users, although I will say that I still haven't received a text or email about VM discontinuing and I have an iphone. My mother, an android user, received both a text and an email. It could just be a coincidence though. I really think they are going out of business if the way this has been handled is any indication. Ignoring everyone all day yesterday was no way to treat their loyal customers with the hopes they would stay loyal after the dust settles. That was what got to me yesterday. Boost has a comparable plan for me and switching to them wouldn't be a big deal for me. I just don't like how everyone here was ignored yesterday, even after many of us said we were concerned it was a scam or hadn't received any emails or texts about it from VM, making us further concerned and confused. Phones were still for sale and so were plans like it was all a hoax. Yesterday I saw responses being made to other threads while this one was ignored, as well as similar ones that have since been merged with this one. A simple "yes, this is true" would have been nice. Instead another user had to find a page on the Support page that provided answers. A lot of those answers are now the generic answers that VM is posting in response to most questions now.

Please, if you have questions about the Boost service, just contact Boost from their own website to try to get answers on what to expect, especially about these so-called comparable PayLo plans. VM gives the same copied and pasted answer about transferring you to a comparable plan. I'm not seeing a comparable plan for those on the Boost website. You will either have to be put on the cheapest plan at $35 a month or else Boost is quietly planning on creating new plans for those switching over from VM.  Hopefully Boost is more cooperative about working with their future customers since they want your business. You are more likely to get accurate answers from them either way. You can also check the compatibility of your current phone on their website. https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone?intnav=BotNav:Shop:BringYourPhone Do not simply trust it if someone tells you your phone will work with Boost. Please take a few minutes to go to their website and check for yourself.

Agent

Hi there healingsolitude. At this time a decision to discontinue the Virgin Mobile USA service has been made. Unfortunately, we have not gotten around to notify all our customers, but since the transitioning to Boost Mobile will start on 2/6/2020, we have time to notify everyone accordingly. Existing Virgin Mobile account will be transferred to a comparable or better Boost Mobile service plan at no extra cost to the customers. Boost mobile is still working out all the details and will notify everyone as needed. We do apologize for any inconveniences this may had caused. Victor21

Enthusiast

Thank you for your response today. When I checked my phone compatibility, Boost is saying my phone is already active on their network.