Your Virgin Mobile Account is Transferring to Boost Mobile

SOLVED
Agent

Re: Will my new Samsung galaxy still be locked when my account is moved to Boost?

You are very welcome. We could confirm this for you. Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin code so we could confirm the status of your account. Victor21

Enthusiast

Re: Will my new Samsung galaxy still be locked when my account is moved to Boost?

So do you guys know why they are moving us over to boost now? Does that mean virgin mobile as a company will be completely shut down? I dont understand why this decision has been made now. I quite honestly dont want to use boost at all. We have used it in the past and that company has scammed us out of hundreds of dollars. Besides what has to be done in order to keep my current Samsung galaxy?

Oh no! That’s definitely not what we like to hear, Duchesse1981. Virgin Mobile is merging with Boost Mobile, this has been a corporate decision. 

Enthusiast

Re: Your Virgin Mobile Account is Transferring to Boost Mobile

February 6 is too late to let us know about a new Boost plan since many of us have been given a 2/2 date for the transfer.

Agent

Hi, @MV16. Transitions to Boost Mobile will occur on a daily basis on the customer's monthly cycle, starting on 2/6/2020 and completing by the end of March 2020. Additional details will be sent soon via SMS.

Enthusiast

Does Boost have a date when their new plan similar to VM PayLo plan of $20 every 3 months? And what phones will work on the new plan. We do not want to purchase new phones.

Agent

Hello, @SWOHIO. No word on that just yet. Additional information will be provided once the plans are available. Regarding the cellphone, all VMU handsets- except for MBB devices and Blackberry - will work on Boost once they are transitioned.

Enthusiast

The email from Virgin said, 'Account balances will transfer and can be used towards service'  To clarify this,I spoke to Sara Boost customer service today. She confirmed when Virgin transfers my account balance to Boost, it can be used to pay for the plan I choose plus services (not sure what those are) without adding additional money until the account is depleted. She was unable to confirm this in writing/email. The money transferred cannot be used to buy a new phone on Boost. It would be great if a Virgin agent could confirm that here. So, I can either take the Boost customer service agent at her word, and make the transfer, or use the money to buy a new phone on Virgin before the transfer, get it unlocked, and sell it to recoup some of my loss. Sara also stated the new Boost version of the Paylo plan should be ready 2/6.

Agent

@MV16. Any current balance you have available on your account will carry over to Boost Mobile. Unfortunately, they don't have the option to purchase phones using the account balance. Regarding the unlock, please be advised that a handset must be activated for at least 12 months so it can be unlocked. 

Enthusiast

On 1/7, I was told by a VM phone rep to cancel my planned 90 day autopay. This payment was scheduled for 1/25/2020. Now my account says that the account is active thru 1/25. I have about $89 credit in the account. Should I make a manual payment before 1/25. If I do not make a payment, will my account be closed before the transfer to Boost. The rep also said to wait until around 2/1 before I should set up a new monthly autopay with Boost. Suggestions?