Your Virgin Mobile Account is Transferring to Boost Mobile

SOLVED
Agent

Re: Will my new Samsung galaxy still be locked when my account is moved to Boost?

Hey there @VDesign. Boost does not offer a 45/90 Auto Top Up option so when you transition to Boost you will need to be sure to manually add $10 to your account every 45 days or $20 every 90 days to ensure you account stays active. In preparation for your transition to Boost, we will be removing this Auto Top Up option from your account on 2/2/20.

~JoyP.

Whiz Kid

Re: Will my new Samsung galaxy still be locked when my account is moved to Boost?

Thanks for the reply, So can I Manually Top Up my $80 ( once per year) while still on Virgin PayLo plan?

Or will I loose it and have to Top Up every 45 or 90 days when transferred to Boost Mobile?

Agent

Your new Boost Price Plan will be at the same or lower Monthly cost than what you pay today and will have the same or better features included in the plan. Information about your new plan will be available when you are transitioned to Boost.

~JoyP.

View solution in original post

Whiz Kid

Re: Your Virgin Mobile Account is Transferring to Boost Mobile

Still haven't received this email that you all got.  I wonder when they'll get around to telling me.

Agent

Hi, Roanne44. Please note the Virgin Mobile USA service will be discontinued.

We are happy to announce that existing VMU accounts will be transferring to our sister brand Boost Mobile beginning in February.

Customers were notified in early January about the decision to discontinue Virgin Mobile USA service plans. At that time, we informed customers of the transfer to Boost Mobile.

In most instances, your existing account will be transferred to Boost Mobile with your device, and a comparable or better Boost Mobile service plan at no extra cost to you.

You will keep your phone number, and your monthly payment date will remain the same as long as you continue on time payments until the transfer to Boost Mobile is complete.
Please visit https://support.virginmobileusa.com/templates/plans-services/migration.html for more information.

Enthusiast

So let me get this right.

We have two phones that are pay as you use (top up every 90 days). We do it online so do NOT have auto pay and stopped using pre pay cards years ago. This means as long as we put in our $20 every 3 months online with a credit card we need to change nothing? We both have older flip phones at least 7 years old and do not need anything more. As long as we can continue as is without buying new phones or increased expenses I can live with that. Problem is for those without bank accounts who used top up cards or Pay Pal to top off their phones (not us but some have that issue). The current plan is ideal for us older people using them as emergency phones. Some on here seem to have given them to their aged parents to keep in touch so this is important. 

I would like my account number. Why is this so hard to get? Phone number is *****. Pin *****. I have to top up by Jan 23 or lose service and phone number. Having a hard time finding a top up card.

Hi grannycatlover! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CST. Please delete your phone number information from this public post.

Please send us a private message to assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

Enthusiast

I'm a Virgin Mobile VIP customer how will I know if this benefit will transfer to Boost Mobile?  I haven't received any email or text messages. It's kinda frustrating especially since a lot of us have been VM members for so long and no one really has any answers for us. 😞

Hello vhlafleur89! Don't worry. Virgin customers enrolled in the VIP program at the time of the transition will continue to be enrolled in the program after transition to Boost. You can keep checking information about these topics on our website https://support.virginmobileusa.com/templates/plans-services/migration.html.