Your Virgin Mobile Account is Transferring to Boost Mobile

SOLVED
Heavy Hitter

Re: Your Virgin Mobile Account is Transferring to Boost Mobile

Wow. Nice to see that I've been a long time VM customer & never got ONE notice about this change happening or that I am not being pushed to a company that I literally don't care to be a customer with. Looks like I'll have to find someone else to go to now that actually gives service in my area.Thanks a lot VM, for nothing.

Please help. Agent Reinhold told me to send a private message by clicking his picture and clicking send this agent a message. I see no option for this.

Agent

Hi, @grannycatlover. Thanks for contacting us. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message. 

Enthusiast

Re: Will my new Samsung galaxy still be locked when my account is moved to Boost?

LOL, REALLY? We will find out our rates when and AFTER we switch to boost?! What a load of crap. I have been with VM since it's start up and have always hated the thought of boost as it has horrible customer service as this takeover represents. There is no way boost will match the awesome deal and service I am ,(was), getting from VM so transferring to Boost is not an option. So, Straight talk or Verizon is the only option to avoid the horrible customer service or lack there of that all the forums are talking about. And screw Richard Branson for not giving a crap about it's customers....

Enthusiast

EXACTLY!!! But forget about getting any help from VM, the customer service is closed for good and Boost as usual is no help even to it's boost users. We have all been screwed major and left to scramble for a carrier because the entire world knows Boost is the bottom of the barrel and absolute worst for cell coverage and service. The only response you'll get from boost here is a robo reply with generic info thats useless. Good luck to all as I have decided to do straight talk for now as you can buy an "UNLOCKED" phone and use it anywhere else you go unlike the LOCKED phones from boost.

Re: Will my new Samsung galaxy still be locked when my account is moved to Boost?

I have been trying to get my account # for several days so I can transfer to a tracfone and still keep my number. Why is VM so reluctant to give it to me? Have joined community and sent pMs...still waiting.

Agent

Hello, @grannycatlover. Thanks for contacting us. To assist you further, please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN.

DMA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok, read the second article and am coming to the conclusion this whole program is to kill off the 45/90 pay as you go crowd. They seem to be looking for a constant income source without the balance issue. If done right someone pockets all our balances and wipes the books clean. They make money (ours), increase cash flow, and force many to buy their new phones. After tossing us to the trash heap, they will come back with a NEW Virgin mobile USA plan and gladly take us all back (after fleecing us of our balances, and forcing us to get new phones) Increased payment rates and costs will also likely happen at the same time. The old tossed aside 45/90 customers will then flock back gladly throwing money at them for new phones and forgiving the sleight of hand that fleeced them out of their balances....yeh...right

Thank you for writing this shadowcat31. I think you are right.