Your Virgin Mobile Account is Transferring to Boost Mobile

SOLVED
Heavy Hitter

Re: Your Virgin Mobile Account is Transferring to Boost Mobile

Too bad Sprint didn't kill of Boost Mobile & just keep Virgin Mobile as I'd much rather stay with VM rather then go through this hassle & now worrying about how to make payments all over again with top-up cards & if I'll be able to make my next payment next month without issues. I'm assuming we'll have to all start using the Re-Boost cards now for Boost Mobile & not the Virgin Mobile top-up cards to make payments, right?

Hi there! Thank you for contacting us. Bear in mind the Virgin Mobile customers will still be able to use the VM Top Up cards for Boost. Please let us know if you have any questions. 

Enthusiast

Anything for a cat lover, we have a herd ourselves.

Enthusiast

No help from Virgin Mobile! Millions of customers thrown at a bottom of the list cell provider and we all get 30 days notice, or else! Well I have a feeling that Straight talk and Verizon is going to be picking up most of the "lost users" in a scramble to continue service. I checked Boost price plan and it's a ripp compared to my VM plan. When they say all good things must come to an end, this is what they mean......

Enthusiast

Go check out straight talk as most of the VM phones will work on that provider. Check the BYOP page to see if your phone is compatible. And contact VM tech's to unlock your phone which NOW they have to do since discontinuing your service!

Agent

Hi barnstormer. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry you feel this way. Your new Boost Price Plan will be at the same or lower Monthly cost than what you pay today and will have the same or better features included in the plan. Information about your new plan will be available when you are transitioned to Boost. We apologize for the inconveniences. ~AmyM25

Whiz Kid

Some questions:

Will the balance also be transferred?

Will the balance be used befora any charges are added to my credit card?
Is Boost the only provider I can transfer to?
Will my current phone continue to work with the new account?
Is Boost using a 5G technology?

Agent

Hello, @LostInPhones. Thanks for contacting us. We'll be happy to help. Once the transitioning is completed, the cellphone and phone number will work on Boost Mobile. Any balance on the account will be, as well, transferred over.

Your existing Virgin Mobile account will be transferred to a comparable or better Boost Mobile service plan at no extra cost to you. Regarding the charge to the card, we'll need to access your account to research further. When possible, send us a private message with your phone number and PIN.

At the moment, Boost Mobile does not offer 5G. 

Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile are prepaid carriers. You can switch your number over to a different carrier if that's more convenient for you.

Enthusiast

Now they have to unlock your phone? I wouldn't count your chickens. I recently purchased an unused Virgin PayLo phone on eBay to swap for my dying handset. Virgin/Boost is refusing to either activate or unlock my new phone, leaving me in Limbo with a paperweight and a hefty unused balance:

https://community.virginmobileusa.com/t5/My-Account-Plans-Orders/No-help-from-Virgin-with-swapping-f...

If I wait until the transfer of my old flip phone and decide I don’t like Boost how hard would it be to transfer to a tracfone smart phone? Will Boost refuse to release my account or make it difficult to do, as VM is doing now?