Your Virgin Mobile Account is Transferring to Boost Mobile

SOLVED
Agent

Re: Your Virgin Mobile Account is Transferring to Boost Mobile

Hi there grannycatlover. Thanks for contacting us. We'll be happy to help. 

The cell phone inherits the eligibility status for unlocking. 

Enthusiast

Boost transition, which plan for $10/45-day or $20/90-day manual account maintenance?

I didn't see a $10/45-day nor $20/90-day manual account maintenance description among the plans VM asked that I choose. They start at $20/month. I might try a $10/45-day or $20/90-day (as long as I can remember) until maybe Boost would offer that as an auto-pay.

Agent

Re: Boost transition, which plan for $10/45-day or $20/90-day manual account maintenance?

Hi there RaveUser. boost mobile will be providing similar plans. Boost is still working out all the details before the Transition. You will be notified accordingly. 

Enthusiast

Re: Boost transition, which plan for $10/45-day or $20/90-day manual account maintenance?

Thank you @Victor21. I also found your advice in an FAQ titled: Do I need to make any changes to my account before the transfer to Boost Mobile? I wondered why I didn't notice that in the email, but after reading the fine print, I found this Boost advice:

5. How to make a Boost Mobile payment:

• AutoPay
    If you’re set up on AutoPay, you’re already good to go. Your service has not been interrupted.

I suppose that I panicked because I thought that I might have to work hard to find a comparable deal, e.g., using a burner, and chance trying another prepaid carrier. VM might be tough for Boost to match, but Boost seems worth a try.😊

Agent

You are very welcome RaveUser. We are working with Boost mobile to accommodate all our customers as best as possible. Enjoy your stay with Boost. 

Heavy Hitter

@AdoniDeoleo
Thank you for the response on the top-up card situation. I've gotten so used to buying the Virgin Mobile ones, I feel like I'd forget to buy the Boost ones until I get adjusted to the switch. I appreciate the answer, 'cause all of this is a little confusing to me & I've been reading the FAQ & about everything transferring & trying to understand it all. I guess I'll have to keep checking my e-mail to see when my account is officially transferred since I can't log in on Boost yet. That's my main concern is that my account won't be transferred before the 11th of next month, which is when I typically make my payments & I really don't want to lose my service as I need it.

Agent

Hey there @aestheticstar The transition of the service will begin 02/06/2020, and should be completed by March. You will be able to apply VMU Top Up Cards to your Boost account after your service is transitioned.

~JoyP.

Enthusiast

Re: Are 2 Dinosaurs (Oyster phones) on an Island ( VM ) able to be airlifted to dry land? ( Boost )

Hello to Whoever can help me,

I have two oyster phones with balances over $200 each that I have been manually putting $20 on each an every three months to get another 90 days for a very long time. This is the PayLo option, although it wasn't even called that when we started them, but I have three questions.

Will we be able to transfer the phone numbers?

Will we be able to use the Oyster phones?

Will our balance transfer over?

Will we be able to manually add $20 a month for each phone ($40 total) to keep them going another 90 days.

Thank you to Virgin mobile for all those years of great service and thank you in advance to Boost if you happen to be the ones helping me with the answers.

Sincerely,

The Two Oysters

PS - I am putting these words in the PS in hopes that someone will pick it up in their search to help me. Boost Mobile , Migrating from Virgin Mobile , Oyster , PayLo , Cash Balance

Enthusiast

I just logged in to my VM account because I noticed my monthly auto-pay price went up $3.00 so I logged in to find out why the cost of my monthly fee was going up.

My account doesn't show the increase, only my base monthly rate, but not including any taxes or additional fees.  

I search around a little bit and I discover that VM is going away?  And we are being kicked over to Boost Mobile?  I never received any notification of this, on top of seeing an extra $3 charge on my auto-pay for this month.

Unhappy customer here, but it sounds like if we are being kicked over, VM doesn't care anyway.

Enthusiast

Re: Will my new Samsung galaxy still be locked when my account is moved to Boost?

I logged into my account today because my monthly cost after years and years went up $3.

That isn't a lowered price.  That is a higher price and I can't find out why it's gone up.

I also never was notified about VM booting me over to Boost Mobile.

Horrible.