Virgin Mobile

adding data to assurance wireless

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

adding data to assurance wireless

i have a phone through assurance wireless. witch is paid through my government benifits (medicaid) i wanted to upgrade my data since i greatly use more than 500gb a month, but i wanted to know if i add the extra data will the monthly charge be turned onto me or will my gorvernment benifits continue to cover the extra data charge?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Whiz Kid

Re: adding data to assurance wireless

You are only allotted 500meg per month. Another over that YOU have to pay for by adding money to your account. Lifeline will not pick up the tab on that

6 REPLIES
Whiz Kid

like to know the same

Whiz Kid

its been a while and still no answer...is my question not clear??

Whiz Kid

You are only allotted 500meg per month. Another over that YOU have to pay for by adding money to your account. Lifeline will not pick up the tab on that

Whiz Kid

yea but what i want to know is when i do add money will they stop paying for the phone bill altogether and switch to me paying the full bill?

Whiz Kid

No, you will only be topping up. You will still have your free minutes, talk and text, each month. Another words you will just be paying for the extra data. Call them to find out for sure. So you won't be wondering.
Whiz Kid

Hi, in response to the adding data to your assurance wireless phone. I have the same Assurance Government plan I have a at&t home gateway with unlimited data. It's a little pricey, but it is worth it for me because I use a lot of data and I have the option to use that gateway to connect to the internet on my cellphone at home or when I am anywhere At&t has a hotspot by turning on the safe mode on my phone. That way when your phone is searching for att wifi connection, it will be a safe one. All you do is go to phone settings and turn on wifi and find one that is associated with att under that safe mode. Tap on one and just add your home gateway  password only and connect to the internet via att and your home network gateway and password. If you are traveling, it may change from time to time. Safe mode will find you a safe connection every time just by adding your own password. So treat it like it's your paycheck or first born child and give it to no one. With any internet service provider you get, always change the SSD/ USERNAME AND PASSWORD To your own and don't keep using the same one that came with the wireless router from the company. At& t give you a 2.4 GHZ setup and a 5.0 GHZ setup plus a guest setup for each so you can allow friends and family to use your service without knowing your main SSD passwords or your usernames. You can change those guest password each time you allow some to use your service. Assurance Wireless is okay with it ( I ask them before I got the service) so it is well worth the money especially when you bundle with another Service like phone or tv. Sorry this is so long, but at least the next person will have all of the information. Thanks for letting me share, RCM