are you on a legacy pay as you go plan?

Enthusiast

are you on a legacy pay as you go plan?

Please reply to this message if you are on a legacy pay as you go plan.  It seems the only way to address this issue with Virgin Mobile is to have strength in numbers.  I have had my plan for 13 years.  Have a  balance of $400..

Hope to see you reply to this message

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Re: are you on a legacy pay as you go plan?

I'm in the same boat as you. Two PayLo phones and an account balance of $600 gathering dust. Wasn't all that happy with VM, but am even less happy about sudden switch to BM without any written terms of service for our NEW PLANS.

The VM CSRs promise BM will be as good or better for most VM customers (because this is what they are told to say). I wonder if that includes us?

So much unnecessary anxiety could be avoided if VM would simply post the complete terms of sevice. The fact that we still don't have this basic information less than two weeks before the switch is inexcusable. VM will be out of business soon! What then???

Seems like we are being jerked around!

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

I am on a pay as you go plan and have been for about 15 years. I recently purchased a phone from Virgin Mobile's website using my balance of almost $400.00. A few hours after I made the purchase I saw where someone posted on the forum that they were told customers could no longer buy phones with their balance. I sent a private message to the person letting him know I had purchased a phone with my balance just a few hours earlier. He communicated this with a VM agent and eventually was able to purchase a phone using his balance. Not that having the phone is going to matter since I was told when I activate the phone I will need to pick one of Boost's monthly service plans. The cheapest plan is $35.00 a month. I refuse to pay $35.00 a month for something I rarely use. I was told my old phone will automatically be transferred. I got this information yesterday from a VM agent about using my old phone. This information does not apply to the $400.00 phone I recently purchased. It can not be set up on the 25/10 cents Min2Min plan. I think people should post on the forum what they have been told by VM agents. Maybe we can all compare notes and get answers to the questions VM is being vague about.

Hey there, Callastats! It will work as we have created a plan for customers with a 25/10cents Min2Min plan. It is not the same but it is a similar plan.

Hi, Callastats. Please, keep in mind that the PayLo plans are sales expired. You've been able to keep it because no changes have been made to the account. Regarding the phones, only basic VMU PayLo phones are compatible with the plan. To switch to a smartphone, the system may request you to select a different plan. Anyways, to confirm that, you'll need to attempt to make the swap.

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

ATTEMPT IS RIGHT.

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

Yes, I’m on the same sinking boat. Have a Samsung Entro pay lo phone with a nearly $300 balance. My question is that I topped up $10 on January 11, which will keep me active till Feb 25. Will that be enough time for the switch over or can I buy a top up card at the last minute to keep me active? Will a top up card by landline still be useable at that time? Also, can I make manual payments at a Boost store or using a Reboost card by phone? I am hesitant to give my credit card info.