Virgin Mobile

calls from t-mobile drop after porting number in from T-Mobile

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

calls from t-mobile drop after porting number in from T-Mobile

I ported in a number from T-mobile, which somehow worked even though I gave Virgin Mobile the wrong PIN.  However, whenever I get phone calls from a T-mobile customer, the call instantly drops.  Calls to T-mobile work fine.  Calls to and from any other carrier or landline also seem to work fine.  T-mobile says the port is complete and Virgin Mobile is having an issue.  Virgin Mobile says there is no issue.  There is an issue.  I'm ready to port back to t-mobile and cancel the virgin mobile service in the hopes that fixes it, but thought I'd post here first.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: calls from t-mobile drop after porting number in from T-Mobile

After a few back and forths, Virgin fixed it with these instructions:

1.Enter ##25327#.

2.Except for HTC devices, enter 777468.

3.Phone Reset Message displays. Select Reset, Done, or OK, depending on device model.

4.The device powercycles. Allow the hands free activation to begin automatically.

5.Device checks for PRL update. Select OK.

6.Device checks for software update. Select OK.◦Device powercycles.  

THANKS!

4 REPLIES
Wizard

It sounds like you may have "mixed service" which could be a result of the port seeming to complete despite the incorrect PIN--it should have failed.

If that is the case, porting back to T-Mobile may not really resolve the problem if indeed there is a issue on the backend.

One thing that could solve the problem is changing the number but that may not be something you are willing to do.

What would be ideal would be to escalate the matter with network services at T-Mobile rather than customer service but if you no longer have an account there it may not be possible.

In terms of Virgin Mobile, you could request the account be "reprovisioned" but if the issue is at the T-Mobile end, it will not solve the problem.

Agent

Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue, @messedupservice. Can you private message us so we can look into it?

Enthusiast

Thanks for the information, madra31.  I don't want to lose my phone number, which is why I'm trying everything to get it fixed.  The issue is exactly as you described--T-mobile says the line has moved to Virgin so there is nothing they can do.  They aren't wrong, because the phone is on the Virgin network, and it works for most calls.  Data also seems to work fine. The only issue is that it cannot recieve calls orignating on T-Mobile.  I am hoping Virgin can fix it on the back end.

Enthusiast

After a few back and forths, Virgin fixed it with these instructions:

1.Enter ##25327#.

2.Except for HTC devices, enter 777468.

3.Phone Reset Message displays. Select Reset, Done, or OK, depending on device model.

4.The device powercycles. Allow the hands free activation to begin automatically.

5.Device checks for PRL update. Select OK.

6.Device checks for software update. Select OK.◦Device powercycles.  

THANKS!