Virgin Mobile

could I become part of the inner circle even though I am already a Virgin mobile user?

SOLVED
Enthusiast

could I become part of the inner circle even though I am already a Virgin mobile user?

If I have an iPhone 6 Plus now but wanted to upgrade to the iPhone 6s Plus, could I become part of the inner circle even though I am already a Virgin mobile user?
Also, after the first year can I go back to my $35 unlimited plan?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CEO
CEO

Re: Ask Us Anything about the Inner Circle

@londrinaa thanks for posting your question.  If you buy a new iPhone 6S Plus through Apple Retail or virginmobileusa.com, yes, you will become an Inner Circle member when you activate your new device!  With respect to your question regarding the $35 plan, here's the scoop: 

The Inner Circle offer is our new plan going forward.  If you move to the "Inner Circle" plan with $1 for 12 months of service and the Virgin Perks, you won't be able to go back to the Data Love plan later.  The only plan that will be available to you will be our $50 unlimited talk, text and data plan. By the end of the year we will be ending the existing "Data Love" $35 and $45 plans (anyone remaining on those plans will be "grandfathered", so they can stay on the plan but it will not be available to new customers).  Now...all of this said, we want to take care of our existing iPhone customers who don't want to be part of the Inner Circle.  If you upgrade your device, simply call us within 30 days after activating your new iPhone and we'll switch you back to the $35 plan.  You obviously won't be able to partake in the $1 service offer or the Virgin Perks...but you'll still have your old plan!   

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CEO
CEO

@londrinaa thanks for posting your question.  If you buy a new iPhone 6S Plus through Apple Retail or virginmobileusa.com, yes, you will become an Inner Circle member when you activate your new device!  With respect to your question regarding the $35 plan, here's the scoop: 

The Inner Circle offer is our new plan going forward.  If you move to the "Inner Circle" plan with $1 for 12 months of service and the Virgin Perks, you won't be able to go back to the Data Love plan later.  The only plan that will be available to you will be our $50 unlimited talk, text and data plan. By the end of the year we will be ending the existing "Data Love" $35 and $45 plans (anyone remaining on those plans will be "grandfathered", so they can stay on the plan but it will not be available to new customers).  Now...all of this said, we want to take care of our existing iPhone customers who don't want to be part of the Inner Circle.  If you upgrade your device, simply call us within 30 days after activating your new iPhone and we'll switch you back to the $35 plan.  You obviously won't be able to partake in the $1 service offer or the Virgin Perks...but you'll still have your old plan!   

View solution in original post

Heavy Hitter

I want to remain grandfathered on the $35 Data Love plans that I have (2).  If I don't upgrade by the end of the year, do I risk being forced into the Inner Circle and the higher $50 rate if I need to change iPhones?  What date would I need to upgrage BY in order to stay grandfathered or have the ability to switch back within 30 days?

Agent

Hi there, carterl9!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention; let’s get you taken care of! If you, as a current VMU customer, purchase a new iPhone, it will be activated on the new Inner Circle Promotional Plan. If you want to be on your old Data Love plan instead, you can call care and switch back to your former plan within the first 30 days only (the 30 days start counting whenever you switch phones). After that, the Inner Circle Member benefits begin and you will no longer be eligible to switch back to your Data Love plan. If you switch back to your Data Love plan, you will no longer be eligible for the Inner Circle promotion of 12 or 6 months of service for $1. We will continue to support our current Android users to ensure that you have the best service options and access to the newest Android devices! Current Android customers will still have the option of getting the hottest new Android devices simply by signing into MyAccount on the Virgin Mobile USA website through mid-2018. In the meantime, please stay tuned for the latest news and updates on this topic here: https://community.virginmobileusa.com/t5/Android-Devices/We-Still-Love-Our-Android-Users/m-p/6068. We hope this helps! Let us know if you have other questions.

~AmyM25