Virgin Mobile

how do I talk to a human

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

how do I talk to a human

I have been trying to reach a human at the Virgin Mobile customer service number for over an hour and keep getting hung up on. The sad story of is this: Assurance Wireless shut my phone off October 4, 2017 even though I had service through October 11, 2017. I have spent over 7 hours in the last week trying to get my phone and service reconnected so I can change my service to a pay service. I have verified each call that I am not re-certifying which causes the reps to tell me I can not keep my service unless I add time to my phone. Not a problem except that Assurance Wireless shut my phone off last Thursday.  I have asked for help changing to a Virgin Mobile account as directed on the Assurance Wireless website but the Customer Service Reps are incapable of doing more than following their scripts on their screens and do not have any idea what I am talking about with the website. I have been hung up on more times than I can count. They do not have supervisors that can speak with me, or that the supervisors are going to be busy for the next 30 minutes, or I am told that I will be transferred and then hung up on.  On Monday, Oct 9, 2017 I spent over two hours and 27 minutes calling was hung up on seven times. The last rep told  me that the local cell phone tower is not working and he is escalating the call. So far I have been told three times since last Thursday that I will be getting a call back from Assurance Wireless.  I finally got someone from Virgin Mobile who again insisted that I go through the codes so he could tell me that he has no idea why my phone is not working but that he guaranteed that I can port my cell number to Virgin and if I went out and got a new phone he would call me back in a few hours to help me set up service on Virgin Mobile, and of course after I went out and bought a new phone I never got a call back.   I want to change to another service without losing my cell phone number but it appears that the only way I can do this according to the Virgin Mobile rep (who I have no reason to believe any more than any other human at Virgin)  is to buy a Virgin Mobile pre-paid plan then yet another more expensive phone and then buy into a regular Virgin Mobile plan in order to keep my cell phone number which I have had for over 5 years. I would be happy to go straight to a regular plan at Virgin if I could find out if the phone I bought will work but again, am unable to get a human to talk to.  I have sent previous emails which have not been answered, have registered online to ask the community and then been shut off from asking a question.  How do I get a human to answer my questions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Whiz Kid

Re: how do I talk to a human

I never thought this post would get so much attention, but there is finally a resolution to my dilemma.  Joy was able in the end to call me, verify my number could port to a Virgin Mobile pre-paid plan and process the transaction.  Many hours of exasperation could have been avoided if only I could have spoken to someone in the beginning who was given the ability  to actually offer good customer service. 

5 REPLIES
Whiz Kid

I tried to contact Virgin Mobile customer service on Facebook and here was the response: Please accept our most sincere apologies. Unfortunately, we do not manage Assurance Wireless accounts. We recommended you to contact Assurance Wireless at for better assistance. Now, remember they need to investigate why the account was cancelled. -JoyP.  My reply: Hi Joy, did you bother to read what I wrote? I need to talk to a Virgin Mobile rep about changing over to a Viirgin mobile account from Assurance Wireless as is posted on their website. Why is this such a problem? I do not need anyone to investigate why the accont was cancelled. I know why the account was cancelled, I need to know if I can transfer my number to Virgin Mobile. Is there a phone number I can use to talk to a human being?  This is not rocket science.  I just need to speak with a human being. 

Virgin Mobiles reply: 

No problem! If the Assurance Wireless is already cancelled, we're unable to transfer this number to Virgin Mobile. The account must be active. -JoyP.
My reply:
The account is not yet cancelled. How do I speak to a human about transferring service? 
Virgin Mobile reply: You can get a hold of us by calling 888.322.1122. We’re eager to help! -JoyP
My reply:  Once again, my service is good until October 14,2017. And again Joy. you have not bothered to read or interpret correctly what you have read. I have called that number for over an hour and keep getting disconnected. I need to speak with a human. that phone number is no good for me as it continues to hang up on me since I do not have service yet with Virgin Mobile.

Whiz Kid

I never thought this post would get so much attention, but there is finally a resolution to my dilemma.  Joy was able in the end to call me, verify my number could port to a Virgin Mobile pre-paid plan and process the transaction.  Many hours of exasperation could have been avoided if only I could have spoken to someone in the beginning who was given the ability  to actually offer good customer service. 

Whiz Kid

Hello,

I have the same problem, my phone got disconnected from the virgin plan - I was on a prepaid plan, ported the number from Sprint two years ago. If I call, the automated system tells me that my phone is not a virgin phone number (I am with Virgin for two years now). I have no way to log back in my account or to connect with anybody. My phone is dead since beginning of October. We just moved so I did not have have the time to spend several hours on the phone trying to find somebody to help.

Robert

Whiz Kid

I was told that they sent out an email in April telling us that this was going to happen.  BUT it came from Sprint, who I guess bought out VM, so I probably ignored something from Sprint.  Now, my husband's phone AND mine, both VM,  will not work because the phones we have are not compliant with something they did. 
I wrote several letters, and basically was told so sad, too bad.  I was told I could order new phones from the accounts we have, and between us we have like $250 (which they won't give back)... BUT I tried ordering on line and can't find a place to charge it to my account.  Looking on this site, it says I have to use customers service something or other, and I have a feeling that means going to a store and talking to a guy.............. So I won't get the discounted phones they are offering??

I've been a customer of Virgin Mobile for over 10 years.  They were always so helpful, especially on the phone, now I can't even find a number to call.  I don't NEED all the bells and whistles and I don't live on my phone.  I don't play or read on my phone, or watch TV or movies.  I hardly use it.
I liked my service.  I'm assuming it's Sprint doing all of this.  Such a shame.

Agent

Hey there, @diane. Were you on a Custom account or a Paylo account?