Virgin Mobile

i want to cancel my plan

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

i want to cancel my plan

I'm leaving the country and I want to cancel my plan, how do I do that? Is that automatic? I have the $35 monthly plan. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: i want to cancel my plan

Hello. Yes, the plan can cancel automatically. If you don't make any payments, the account will cancel itself in 150 days after your last payment (120 days from your due date). Your phone number (and as such, the account) will remain available to you until it is cancelled. We recommend that you check and remove any auto-pay options that you may have if you intend to let the account cancel itself.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Hello. Yes, the plan can cancel automatically. If you don't make any payments, the account will cancel itself in 150 days after your last payment (120 days from your due date). Your phone number (and as such, the account) will remain available to you until it is cancelled. We recommend that you check and remove any auto-pay options that you may have if you intend to let the account cancel itself.

View solution in original post

Whiz Kid

I have two Virgin Mobile accounts that I have been trying to find a way to cancel and port the numbers to Total Wireless.

I cannot wait 150 days for the accounts to release the cellular numbers due to non-payment (I have already cancelled the auto-pay for both).

There must be a quicker way, but Total Wireless tells me that Virgin Mobile is rejecting their requests to port the numbers.

Please help!

Agent

Hi MSalyer. Thanks for letting us know. We want to help. Usually, when you want to port out a number, we do not have to cancel the account first. The process of porting out the number cancels out the account in our end, at the same time that your number is transferred to the other carrier. If the account is cancelled first, you will NOT be able to transfer your number; cancelled accounts cannot be ported out because the number is no longer active. We can confirm what happened with the port in request we received from Total Wireless, to find out why the port out is not going through. Usually, some data they send on the form is incorrect; that is the case most of the times. If you'd like us to check, please let us have the phone numbers and PIN #s so we can check it out right away. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message". Thanks! ~AmyM25

Whiz Kid

I called Customer Service to get account numbers for myself and my wife because we are switching to another carrier. We wish to keep our same phone numbers that we have had with VM. I stopped our automatic methods of payments because I don't want us to be charged any more money. So now I have the two account numbers (and our PINS), and I want to be sure that our current phone numbers will be able to be ported to the new carrier. Can this please be verified? Thank you.

Agent

Hi there, @randatlas1. There are no restrictions for you to port your number over if the service is still active.