top up users are getting the shaft, boost mobil cheapest plan is $35/mth, right no I pay $20/3month

Highlighted
Enthusiast

top up users are getting the shaft, boost mobil cheapest plan is $35/mth, right no I pay $20/3month

I use my phone about 1-2 a week. When I go shopping I call my wife to let her know I ready to leave, that's all I use it for. I pay $20 for a topup card and it is good for 90 days service or 200 minutes, which ever comes first.

With VM transferring to boost mobile they do not have the top up plan, I called them and they do not offer it. The cheapest plan they have is $35 a month. With VM plan I paid approx. $7 a month.

I have been a VM customer for 10+ years and now I will loose all the money I have in my account unless I pay Boost Mobile $35 for their plan. This is BS.

I feel VM should refund me the $60+ I have left in my account when my service time ends, my service is due to run out 2-24-20.

Looks like I will be going to Tracfon since they still offer a service time plan like I had with VM.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Master

Re: top up users are getting the shaft, boost mobil cheapest plan is $35/mth, right no I pay $20/3mo

They deleted the 30-page thread which covered all of this.

You'll still be able to make payments of $20/90 days, you just have to to do it manually.

From the FAQs on the transfer:

https://support.virginmobileusa.com/templates/plans-services/migration.html

"I’m enrolled in 45/90 Day Balance Expiration Date Top Up and have been notified that this option isn’t available on Boost Mobile. What are my Top Up options?”

You will still need to make a payment at a minimum every 90 days in order to keep your account in active status. What will be different is that you’ll no longer have the 45/90 Day Balance Expiration Date Top Up option. Boost Mobile does not offer this Auto Top Up option.

Make manual payments online or in-store with a major credit card or debit card.

A minimum of one payment every 90 days on your account is necessary in order to maintain active status. "(Also, it's not clear, but you should be able to use your balance to make payments on Boost.)

They also explained why they aren't giving money back - it's in the terms of service we  agreed to. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Re: top up users are getting the shaft, boost mobil cheapest plan is $35/mth, right no I pay $20/3mo

I have been waiting for specific information from Boost or Virgin Mobile to see how this rollover will work since none of the published plans are the same as the two we have. I canceled my automatic pay since the information came that that could no longer be used with the 45/90 day pay. Now I cannot even get into my Boost Mobile account using Virgin Mobile phone numbers and passwords, and I can find no "contact us" choice on the Boost site.

I, too, use one phone only for emergencies and have a balance of almost $300. I do not know if that balance carried over, nor do I know how much is the least I can pay every 90 days.

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, Now80! Thanks for contacting us. Boost does not offer a 45/90 Auto Top Up option so when you transition to Boost you will need to be sure to manually add a minimum of $1 to your account every 90 days to ensure your account stays active. In preparation for your transition to Boost, we will be removing this Auto Top Up option from your account on 2/2/20.

Highlighted
Master

In the other now deleted 30-page thread, it was said by VM agents that you needed to do $10 every 45 days or & 20 every 90 days.  You won't be able to log into Boost until the transfer is done and that hasn't happened yet. You should still be able to sign into VM but you can't make any changes to your plan now. 

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

I switched to Tello Mobile and pay $5.90 a month, which includes tax. I get 100 minutes and free unlimited texts. More minutes than I will ever use. VERY happy with Tello's service. EXCELLENT customer service. They are even having a sale for Virgin Mobile customers. Promo code VIRGIN.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Good to know. Was it easy to switch?

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

VERY easy. Went to their website and filled out a quick form that included my phone IMEI number and Virgin Mobile account information. When you enter the IMEI number it immediately tells you if your phone is eligible to be ported. Got an email within minutes saying the porting process was started. The next morning when I woke up, it was done and I had service. $5.90 a month...can't beat it. Thank you Virgin Mobile!

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

The balance carries over but I was told you can only use it to make payments IF you are on one of their monthly plans, and the cheapest is $35.00 a month.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I started this thread.

I paid for my VM with $20/90days topup cards from Walmart I never used a credit cards as others say in their post. So I didn't understand most of what people was saying in their post about a 45/90

What ticks me off mostly is I have $60+ on my account and I will loose that when my service time runs out 2-24-20.

I will be checking Tello Mobile out, BOOST MOBILE and VM can ? it where the sun doesn't shine. I've been with VM for maybe 20 yrs and they're dumping us on a company(BM) with no 90 day service plan.