Virgin Mobile

trying to swap to new phone

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

trying to swap to new phone

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S9 from the Virgin store and trying to swap my device.

It makes it to "you're almost done! time to swap your device" but wont go past there.

i click activate but i dont get any response.

I notice where it compares the old device plan and the new, the plan details and monthly total is still blank.

but i chose the plan on the previous screen. I tried it online and through the phone but no luck. 

I see others with similar problems and a virgin agent helps them out.

Im hoping the same will happen for me. Unfortunately my old phone died so cant call customer suport 

and relying on the boards.

thanks  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: trying to swap to new phone

Hey there, korgbop! Let's do some investigating. Please send us a private message with the account phone number, pin code and the IMEI/DEC. 

8 REPLIES 8
Agent

Hey there, korgbop! Let's do some investigating. Please send us a private message with the account phone number, pin code and the IMEI/DEC. 

Whiz Kid

I too have this issue. I was hoping to piggyback on this thread to get a rep to help me.

Agent

Hey there @UhOhItsRyGuy We'll be more than happy to assist you. Would you please send us a private message, please include phone number and pin? Also, the device IMEI or DEC/MEID.

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

Whiz Kid

Me too!  This is so frustrating!

Why can't they just fix their website so that they don't need service reps to fix everything?  Like, all the money they have to put into customer support, they could pay some proper coders so they're not expecting their service agents to pick up the slack for their broken product.

Agent

Sorry to hear that @msmit259. Are you still having issues to swap the phones?

Whiz Kid

Hi Annie1424,

Thank you!  I was contacted by another service agent, so hopefully they can sort me out.  Sorry for complaining on your website!  I just hate having to go to customer service to set things up, I've been with Virgin since 2009 and the customer service is fantastic.  It just seems like I'm always contacting customer service to set up my phones--it never goes seamlessly.

Thank you!

Whiz Kid

Also having the same issue can anyone help?!?!?
Agent

So sorry to hear about this experience, Craig1987. We want to help! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request.