unable to top up or migrate to boost

wcj
Enthusiast

unable to top up or migrate to boost

I need to top up by tomorrow or lose my service. The boost migration faqs state: "customers with existing account balances can apply funds toward service plan payments". I've messaged and called both boost and virgin with no response, only prerecorded messages that don't address the problem. I have the 18cent per minute pay as you go plan with an LG101 phone and a large account balance. How do I transfer my phone over to boost and use that balance to pay for my service? If I can't do that, how do I get a refund of my balance?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: unable to top up or migrate to boost

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CST. Once the transition to Boost Mobile is completed, your phone number, device and funds on the account will be transferred automatically. All texts free. Data rates may apply. Reply END to quit at any time.

Highlighted
wcj
Enthusiast

That doesn't help my situation of needing to top up today or lose my service according to the message I received from Virgin. I took a chance and paid with a credit card even though the Virgin website said I had $0 balance due. I got a message saying "$0.00 will be charged to your credit card account when account balance is $5. T&C's. So I don't know if I will have phone service tomorrow or not.

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there @wcj We'd like to take a closer look on this situation. Would you please send us a private message, so we can further assist you?

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will  take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the  option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

Highlighted
wcj
Enthusiast

Update: I just received a message from Virgin saying my service will be canceled if I don't add money to my account today, but virgin is not allowing me to add money to my account.

Highlighted
wcj
Enthusiast

Update: I spoke with the customer care agent and was told that since I have an account balance (money in my account) and have auto pay set up that my service will not be canceled even though I received the message from Virgin saying it would be.

Highlighted
wcj
Enthusiast

Update: When I logged into my account this morning, it had been topped up at the regular rate I've been paying $20 for 90 days.

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

I need to top up by Feb 23. It I’m not transitioned by that date can I still use a top up card to keep service? Can I go into a Boost store to make a payment after the transition?

Highlighted

Hey there, grannycatlover! You are correct.