Virgin Mobile

Full bars but won't search Google or play pandora

Enthusiast

Full bars but won't search Google or play pandora

I have full bars on my phone, however every time I try to search Google, it "times out." I also cannot get Pandora to play, even though I have full bars. My messages won't send and when I make phone calls, it hangs up before it even calls. Only time it works is connected to internet. I checked, the data is turned on, I've restarted my phone, there is NO update. This has been happening for a whole week, there appears to be no outage in my area. Help!

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Re: Full bars but won't search Google or play pandora

Hi there! Please send us a private message so we may look into that. 

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page. 

Enthusiast

I have the same problem. I just got a new phone, if I try to get on the internet, access a game, etcetera, I'll receive messages that it's lost connection, searching for server, or reconnecting. I had similar problems with my old phone but not to the extreme that this new phone is having the problems. My bars are either full or one tic off full when happening.
Agent

Hey there @Blkdobe We sincerely apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing. To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP codes where this occurs?

~JoyP.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

It occurs everywhere in the Orlando, Florida area. It's like everywhere is a dead zone even though I have bars. The is issue isn't localized to cross streets. Here are some of the zip codes. 32821, 32819
Agent

Unfortunately, we're unable to getting the proper coverage information we only the Zip Code. You need to provide us at least the closest street of the places you visit the most. 

~JoyP.

Enthusiast

That doesn't make much sense, since the issue is happening everywhere. How can you not know your own coverage locations by zip code or that the prooblem occurs throughout the Orlando area? Here's an intersection in Orlando Sandlake Road and Apopka Vineland Road 32819.
Agent

Hello, Blkdobe. Using the zip code we can determine whether we have coverage or not but due to the amount and different locations of our towers, we use cross streets to pinpoint which towers you may be connecting to and check their status. Checking by the names of the streets provided, we see that there are no issues in the area. Please send us a private message so we may take a closer look.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.