Virgin Mobile

Galaxy A6 roaming after Android Pie update HELP!

Whiz Kid

Galaxy A6 roaming after Android Pie update HELP!

Hello:
Last night I ran the Software Update on my Samsung Galaxy A6 which installed the new Android 9 - Pie.

Afterwards, it showed "Virgin Mobile" in the upper right corner for the network name. About an hour later, I saw that it said "roam" there, but I didn't think much of it & went to sleep.

When I woke up this morning, it was back to "Virgin Mobile". OK, no problem...until later in the day it switched to "roam" again and now it stays there.

Let me say that I've been a VM customer for years and that there is plenty of network coverage everywhere I go...there is no reason why my phone should roam EVER.

First, after re-starting the phone many times, I did a network reset. This seemed to work, since afterwards the network showed as "Virgin Mobile", but 15 minutes later, it reverted to "roam" again.

Second, I did a network reset again, and then immediately after, updated the PRL and Profile. Again, this seemed to work at first, but an hour later, it's back to "roam" again.

Now I'm out of ideas. I need my phone to access mobile data for my job, and was unable to work today because of this. Again, there is no reason it should ever be roaming as there is network coverage everywhere I go.

Please help!
5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: Galaxy A6 roaming after Android Pie update HELP!

Hello, Ericzku. So sorry to hear about this. We'd like to take a closer look. Can you please send us the nearest cross streets and zip code so we can check the network performance? Have you tried taking the SIM card out and restarting the phone?

Whiz Kid

Same thing is happening with my galaxy j7. Keeps switching between "roam" and " virgin mobile". Also get messages saying "you have lost your data connctivity because you left your home network with data roaming turned off"
Agent

Hello ianshmian805. I am sorry about the issue there with your phone. Please try the following; On your dial pad enter ##72786#, say Yes Or OK to all you see. This network reset will get it out of roaming. Please keep us updated.

Whiz Kid

My galaxy A6 is doing the same thing after my android 9 update this morning! How do I stop it?
Agent

Hello, @momma385. Thanks for contacting us. This is a known issue Samsung is experiencing with the new update to the Android 9 Pie. They are currently working on a fix for the recent update. We recommend you check System Updates to make sure that you receive it. Alternatively, we suggest you contact Samsung for further assistance.