Virgin Mobile

Galaxy J7 Refine keeps going to "Roaming"

Enthusiast

Galaxy J7 Refine keeps going to "Roaming"

My phone keeps telling me "you have lost your data connctivity because you left your home network with data roaming turned off"

I'm nowhere outside of my home network.

Is this something that can be fixed?
14 REPLIES 14
Agent

Re: Galaxy J7 Refine keeps going to "Roaming"

Hi there, ATS_Radio. Thank you very much  for contacting us.

We're sorry for the inconvenience with the service. Please, send us a private message with your address to check the  coverage. 

Enthusiast

I dont think it's a coverage issue.

My wife & daughter also have Virgin Mobile, and their phones never have this problem... neither did my previous Virgin phone.

But our zip code is 49093

Agent

Hello, @ATS_Radio. Thank you for stopping by. Could you please send us a private message to better assist you? We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M. 

Enthusiast

How do I send a private message?
I'm having trouble finding that option.

Agent

Hi, ATS_Radio. You can send a "PM" or private message a couple of different ways. If you click on the name of the person, you'll be taken to their profile.  On the right side of the screen, you should see "send this user a Private Message". Click it and you'll be taken to the PM window with their name already in the To: field. Type up what you want to say, hit send message and you're good. You can also go to your own profile by clicking on your name from the forums and then clicking the PM icon. From the PM window select "New Message" and type the user name of the   Community member in the "To" field and off you go.

Enthusiast

Thanks for that info!!
Going to my profile & selecting messages / create new message worked.

Whiz Kid

I am having the same issue. I had a J3 before and never had an issue, so I know it's not the coverage. I've updated the PRL, profile, and completely reset the phone and it still does this.

Hey there, Saf1290! We are so sorry that happened. We want to help! Can you please send me your current address with your phone number and PIN on a private message?

To send me a private message, please click on my username and select to send a private message.

Whiz Kid

same. i just got an alert that i am out of roaming minutes for the month and i have been at home or near home in a city with ample network access the whole time. please fix this. do not want extra charges and need to ensure my phone and texts are accessible at all times. urgently.