Virgin Mobile

How to reach Customer Service?

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

How to reach Customer Service?

Hello.  I am very frustrated and not very happy.  I can not make phonoe calls.  I dialed the 800# to get speak with customer service.  They said there are some network problems at the moment but that he would reset my phone.  He said after I get off the phone with him to power it off and in 3 minutes turn it back on and then it will auto reset, forget the exact words, and if it didn't he gave me a code with # and some numbers.

Anyway, I did as he said and it didn't do anything auto so I put the code in that didn't work either.  I still can't make phone calls and worse yet I can't even dial the 800# to get back to customer service.  It's saying I am "not authorized to make calls".  By doing what this rep said to do I actually have seemed to MAKE THE PROBLEM WORSE!  

I can't make calls and I can't even get through to customer service.  I probably should have gone with VERIZON instead.  Any advise how I can get customer service on the line?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: How to reach Customer Service?

Hello Deana!

At this time there is an open service alert reported, which it is affecting calls to toll free and 1800 numbers. We are working to fix this problem as soon as possible. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. Please send us a private message with your phone numebr nad pin, in order for us to check your account and your location.

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Hello Deana!

At this time there is an open service alert reported, which it is affecting calls to toll free and 1800 numbers. We are working to fix this problem as soon as possible. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. Please send us a private message with your phone numebr nad pin, in order for us to check your account and your location.

Whiz Kid

The problem is that I lost the phone and would like to get a new one but I forgot my pin and the secret question I posted keeps telling me the answer is wrong so what do I do now?

Whiz Kid

I am not getting any help.  I have to say that I am very unhappy with this service.

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

My best advice is to quit Virgin Mobile at all costs; your quality of life depends on it!

As long as there's an issue with an account, device, or port you will lose life. Virgin Mobile has an appalling customer service of any professional business I know. Buying a phone cheap from Virgin Mobile is not worth the loss of life you'll endure at the HIGH EMOTIONAL COST of being a customer.

It's almost like they're sitting back laughing while they rake in profits at their customer's emotional expense; because their terrible support never changes!

Buy a cheap phone from Virgin Mobile and here's what will happen:

1. You're stuck for a year before being able to unlock the device

2. Why would you want to move your service? to regain your sanity.

3. Cheap rates come at a severe cost to the consumer; it's one thing to go cheap but an entirely different thing to have utterly PISS POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I really dislike being the negative person but being a VM customer just isn't worth the headache in my opinion; there are far too many other service providers available with better service, customer support and better pricing for phones. 

Heavy Hitter

I feel your pain and stress; it's like losing important life waiting on their support staff to acknowledge their customers. I emailed support 3 day's ago with the response they would contact me shortly and have yet to receive a response. There have been previous support emails now more than 1-month-old with the same generic support response and not replies. 

You'll find that Facebook Messenger is the best way to contact VM since as you've found phoning VM is futile. Recently tried to get my activation date since a locked VM phone can't be unlocked for porting to a new carrier until 1 year after activation. FB Messenger got me to someone but then they wanted to talk by phone with the tree numbers I gave them including the VM number on my account and was told they could not reach me. Mind you I had no missed calls or voice mails from VM; to exacerbate the matter I was requested to contact email support since VM admitted my number was not working and they could not reach me on the SPRINT NETWORK. These two reasons are why I want to move off the network since it is HORRID in my area and VM support admitted it doesn't work. 

It's ridiculous for any world wide company to give their customers such piss poor customer service! I have two phones, one for work and one for personal; the business phone is on VM and personal I've switched to US Mobile. Customer Service and contact are NIGHT and DAY difference as well as the network coverage. Unfortunately, I feel because VM feels they charge such low prices $25 for 4 GB and unlimited talk/ text they can't afford the salaries of adequate support..... There are great service providers out there with comparable plans and costs; it pays to shop around. 

The main reason to run from VM is in the subject line! The second is that VM does not give its customers their account numbers up front and their reason is for security? Strange that every other business account an adult can have which might include a home mortgage, checking, savings accounts, 401K, car loans, life insurance and household utility bills all come with an account number? It's not about security, it's about holding their customers hostage since an account number with your personal pin is the only way to port your number to another carrier; unfortunately, this can only be done after the afore mentioned 1 year has elapsed if the phone was bought from VM and VM will unlock that phone since other carriers cannot unlock a VM phone. The terrible predicament, horrid customer service, but cheap; all well and good until you need support for anything in your best interest. Can only imagine if a support request had anything to do with minor inquiries like how to pay, a response from customer service would be in a timely manner.