International usage

Enthusiast

International usage

I have a three week trip to Singapore coming up. I have a virgin mobile iPhone X. What steps do I need to take to be able to use my texting, my apps, and my Internet while in Singapore? I read somewhere that I will have to buy a Singapore Sim card when I arrive but what steps do I need to take with virgin mobile to be sure I have this international coverage?
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Agent

Re: International usage

Hello, @Theharrah4. Thanks for reaching out. You'll need to get your phone unlocked in order to use another provider's SIM card. To unlock a device, it must comply with certain requirements. The device must be active on a Virgin Mobile account for at least 12 months, and a payment must have been made within the last 90 days of that 12-month activation anniversary.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

And how do I go about having it unlocked?

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, Theharrah4. Can you send us a private message?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

not sure how to send you a private message @melissac

Highlighted
Agent

For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will  take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the  option to send me a Message. @Theharrah4

Highlighted
Enthusiast

@Joy1713 yes i did that for melissac and you and there is not an option to message either of you. Just tells me you both are offline. And when i go to my account and i click on the envelope icon to compose a new message, it says access denied.

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, Theharrah4. Did you verify your email address? In order to protect our Community, we've implemented an email verification requirement for our users. Please look for an email from Virgin Community in your inbox or junk folder. Click the link in the email to verify your email address. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

yes i did, several weeks ago when i received the email, and again today. Still says access denied.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I got it! I had to turn on private messages in my settings.