Virgin Mobile

My iphone 6S is not connecting to the data network anymore and voice service disconnects.

Whiz Kid

My iphone 6S is not connecting to the data network anymore and voice service disconnects.

I am in a suburb 44 miles west of chicago and my coverage has always been from good to great with no problems whatsoever. I have an iphone 6S that was a new insurance replacement from about 6 months ago. Not sure if this is relevant but about a month ago I took a cross country drive to Palo Alto, CA and back. My coverage was spotty wheere I expected it to be but it never came back the way it was before and after the IOS 12 update it got even worse. My voice calls do not consistently go through and frequently drop after a few minutes and I can't reconnect, even when I'm stationary with 4 bars. The cellular data does not work at all. If it says LTE and I try to use it, the LTE disappears and comes back with a 1x. I usually see 1x but it does not recognize the data network at all. I'm a long time Virgin mobile user, I currently have 2 lines. One works fine but my problem phone makes me want to throw them both out the window.

12 REPLIES 12
Agent

Re: My iphone 6S is not connecting to the data network anymore and voice service disconnects.

Hi there, @ray60174! Thank you for stopping by. We apologize for this experience. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please try these steps: 

1. Tap Phone > Tap Key Pad.
2. Type ##UPDATE# (##873283#).
3. Phone will process updates. Then Tap OK.
4. When Service Update is complete, tap OK.

Whiz Kid

Re: My iphone 6S is not connecting to the data network anymore and voice service disconnects.

Did this several times, did not help. Got anything else?
Agent

@ray60174: In that case, try a carrier reset which is to dial ##25327# and press the Call button. If that does not solve it, try a forced restart: hold the Sleep/Wake and Power buttons together until the Apple logo appears. Repeat the carrier reset if needed.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Nothing. 

Agent

Hey there, @ray60174! We're sorry to hear that. Just to confirm, could you please provide us with your nearest cross street address and zip code where this occurs?

Whiz Kid

60175 Randall Road at Red Gate Road
Agent

Thanks, @ray60174! According to our system, you do have a good coverage with no outages. Please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN. We'd like to take a closer look at this situation. 

Whiz Kid

I am having the same problem with my brand new iPhone 6. I was able to activate it, make a call, and receive texts but not able to use data for apps. I tried all the resetting my network settings, both of the codes in this thread – nothing worked.

And NOW when I try to make a call I am told my phone is not activated. When I go to activate on the Virgin site, I now receive a message that my device is not recognized. 

Please help.

J

SM5
Whiz Kid

My 6s says “phone not activated” contact the carrier. Have done the reset MULTIPLE times...