Virgin Mobile

Need online support - account is still not validated

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Need online support - account is still not validated

My previous virgin mobile phone died after five years (Kyocera). I just purchased a LG Tribute to replace. I got the phone set up - can connect to the internet, etc. but cannot make calls. I emailed and then called customer support, and they told me the tower in my area was out where I worked, but the one near my house worked so please try again. Well, I've tried several times since getting home and it's still not working and I have no phone to call customer service. After three days I just need a phone that works. I've got people trying to call me for work-related issues and I can't get anywhere with this new phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: Need online support - account is still not validated

Hello -

I've been told by a third rep that my tower will be down for forseeable future with no ETA and then a fourth told me there was no tower issue at all and to try to do the same thing I've already been doing for last four days. It shouldn't be difficult to activate a phone. Email/internet, worked perfectly fine. But the basic task of phone-age, not so much. I was sorely tempted to see if anyone still did landlines. So I'm tapping out after ten years since my issue is not going to be fixed in the time it would take to switch to another service.

6 REPLIES
Agent

Hi areshore!

Thanks for contacting us! Let's look into this closer. Please send us a private message with your phone number, security pin and current address. We may also need to verify your device IMEI number and SIM card ICC ID. We'll be waiting for your reply with that information.

EdwinRG.

Agent

@areshore So sorry to hear this.

Hi. Could you please let us know a cross street address and zip code? - E.J.

Enthusiast

Hello -

I've been told by a third rep that my tower will be down for forseeable future with no ETA and then a fourth told me there was no tower issue at all and to try to do the same thing I've already been doing for last four days. It shouldn't be difficult to activate a phone. Email/internet, worked perfectly fine. But the basic task of phone-age, not so much. I was sorely tempted to see if anyone still did landlines. So I'm tapping out after ten years since my issue is not going to be fixed in the time it would take to switch to another service.

Agent

We definitely want to look into this for you, @areshore. Can you please send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, address, device IMEI and ICCID (SIM card number)? 

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Virgin Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

EDC
Whiz Kid

Why is it so difficult to report a lost phone ????

Agent

Hey there, EDC! Thank for reaching out to us. In order to report a phone lost/ stolen, we only need the phone number and PIN of the associated account.