Virgin Mobile

Network Unavailable?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Network Unavailable?

Is anyone else having a  problem with the network.  All morning my phone has been telling me there is no network.  I have tried restarting.  Not sure what to do...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Network Unavailable?

This type of updates is not to be performed proactively; even though it is not harmful at all, it mainly serves for troubleshooting purposes. In other words, you may try this update whenever your phone service stops working properly, and if it doesn't fix the issue, our tech support department will be there to provide additional assistance.

30 REPLIES 30
Whiz Kid

i have the same issue in the south texas area. with any call that i try to make it sends me to a Verizon automated system. i am unable to send or receive sms messages, or make or get calls

Agent

Hello! Have you tried to update the profile?
If you have an Android phone go to settings, then to system update and then to update profile. And let the phone restart.
If you have an iPhone please enter Enter ##873283# then tap Call, when Starting Service Update screen appears, tap OK. And when Service Update Complete appears, tap OK. Hope it works! Smiley Happy

Whiz Kid

How often should you perform this update?

Agent

This type of updates is not to be performed proactively; even though it is not harmful at all, it mainly serves for troubleshooting purposes. In other words, you may try this update whenever your phone service stops working properly, and if it doesn't fix the issue, our tech support department will be there to provide additional assistance.

Whiz Kid

So my iPhone 5S will not dial out to that number. Please advise.
Agent

Hi, gem_10! You may try connecting your iPhone to a WiFi network before trying to reprogram the phone with the steps previously provided.

Whiz Kid

I am currently connected to WiFi and have to no avail.
Agent

To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP code where this occurs?

Whiz Kid

No mobile network