Virgin Mobile

New Phone Won't Activate

Enthusiast

New Phone Won't Activate

*I posted this in iPhone, but can't seem to get Virgin Mobile to respond to my requests.

I am exhausted. I bought a SIM card to bring my own phone over for the Inner Circle 6 Month promotion.  I was on the phone with customer service last night activating the phone and porting my number. This was at 4:00pm EST and it is now 7:40am EST the next day and still no phone.  It will not activate my data and my phone constantly notifies me that it is not activated and I need to contact customer support. It will call out but it will drop the call shortly after.  

I called customer support at 6:00pm last night to ask about these problems and was told it was a tower being updated (which I see they've used that same excuse to other customers before..) and gave me a code to try to push the activation through.  Still nothing. I need my phone fully activated immediately.  This is very dissapointing. 

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Re: New Phone Won't Activate

Hi there, KristinV02! We have answered your request in a private conversation. Please verify your inbox.

Whiz Kid

I tried activating my phone with my old number from virgin moblie but it didn't let me, so I chose the option THIS PHONE NEEDS A NEW NUMBER and it mad me make a new acoount and eneroll in autopay which already did, and then it said it charged me $50.....how can you guys charge me when my phone still dosen't have any service?

Agent

That’s definitely not okay. So sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this, @Kleeholmes! Let’s do some investigating. Can you please send us a private message with your phone number to verify your account? Thanks!

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~ Joy P.

Enthusiast

I'm having a similar issue but with error code 97. I can use mobile data but I can't receive or make calls and texts
Agent

Hey there, @tohnoshiki! We're sorry to hear that. Which phone do you have? We may need to troubleshoot the phone but before doing it, we need to check if there are any issues in your area. Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin to better assist you.

Agent

It is a possibility, @tohnoshiki! Let's try to troubleshoot your phone. Please follow this procedure to update the networks in your phone:

Note: Before doing the following, please make sure that the WIFI feature is set to OFF and the mobile data ON, this is extremely important during this process.

* Go to the keypad and enter ##72786#
*When SCRTN is change to factory default value for DSA message appears, select Yes. ◦
* The device powercycles. ◦Allow the hands free activation to begin automatically.
* After PRL is updated, select OK.
* Select OK if there is a profile or firmware update. ◦ The device powercycles again.
◦When it powers on, data services have been reset.

Enthusiast

Nothing happens
Whiz Kid

i just bought a new phone and i already have a phone with virgin mobile. i want to keep the same number, but everytime i try to activate it it says it does not recognize this device and to call customer service. i have tried just trying to swap devices but even that wont recongize my phone

Agent

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, h6g6. We can definitely help you with that. Was that phone purchased on our website? What is the model of the new phone?