Virgin Mobile

New Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine getting no voice service

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

New Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine getting no voice service

Hi,

I have a new phone purchased from the Virgin Mobile website.  Whenever I try to make a voice call, I get the "Sprint has connected you to an external operator..." message.  When I log in to my Virgin Mobile account from a computer, the new phone appears to be linked to it.  But when I look under Service & Usage, it says "Talk usage unavailable."  And from the phone, when I bring up the My Virgin Mobile app, it says "Talk Usage suspended."  Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: New Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine getting no voice service

Allow us to take a closer look. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page. 

7 REPLIES
Agent

Hi there! Definitely want to look into this for you. Are you using the SIM card that was included with the phone?

Enthusiast

Yes, I'm using the same SIM that was shipped with the phone.

Forgot to mention that my mobile data works fine -- I just don't have mobile voice service.  I upgraded from an older phone, and changed my plan from $25 to $35.  It's behaving like something got messed up with my account when I upgraded it, and voice is no longer on the plan.  Sounds crazy, I know, but that's how it's behaving!

Agent

Allow us to take a closer look. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page. 

Enthusiast

For anyone interested in how this issue was resolved, in the end we had to swap device back to the old phone, then swap to the new phone.

Whiz Kid

I am having this same problem with a Galaxy S9.   Now neither the old nor the new phone make calls and I have no other phone to call customer service with. 

Agent

Really sorry to hear that, @perstlij. We definitely want to get this figured out for you. Can you please send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, IMEI and ICCID (SIM card numbers) from that Samsung S9?

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Virgin Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Agent

Hey perstlij. We are glad we finally resolved the issue for you and now your new device is up and running. Please feel free to contact us if you ever need assistance.