Virgin Mobile

No LTE Data Connection while on a Call

SOLVED

Re: No LTE Data Connection while on a Call

Hey drobe008! Our service does not allow voice and data to be transmitted to one cellular antenna simultaneously. The antenna could be used for a voice call or a data transmission, but not both at the same time. The reason is so we can provide the best service on the signal you need to use. However, you are able to use voice and data with Wi-Fi connection. Please let us know if we can provide any further assistance.

Enthusiast

Any luck on this update?

Whiz Kid

That's the limitation of CDMA used by Sprint. Verizon (who also uses CDMA) started using VoLTE few years ago to overcome this limiation. VoLTE is a newer standard of CDMA that allows the usage of both voice and data at the same time. Sprint network, which is shared by Virgin Mobile, hasn't implemented it yet.

Whiz Kid

Is it possible to enable this? No other carrier imposes this restriction, and it's a pretty basic and commonly needed feature. For $50 a month for Inner Circle, I would expect a feature available with other carriers for less than $20!
Agent

We understand your frustration, Gevoysoy, & we apologize for the inconvenience! Unfortunately, we don't have that feature enable on our network.

Enthusiast

I’m on WiFi and am still unable to talk and text simultaneous.
Agent

Hi there Shhbabe. Unfortunately voice and data is a feature no compatible with Boost Mobile. So sorry. Victor21

Whiz Kid

I did NOT have this problem when I was with sprint! And furthermore, I did not have this problem when I wasn’t in this inner circle. I’m starting to believe the problem is with inner circle! Please explain
Agent

Hi there,evo1996. Thanks for contacting us. 

Our service does not allow voice and data to be transmitted to one cellular antenna simultaneously. The antenna could be used for a voice call or a data transmission, but not both at the same time. The reason is so we can provide the best service on the signal you need to use. However, you are able to use voice and data with Wi-Fi connection. 

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Then why don't you enable it cuz I can receive text messages while talking on the phone so it is very inconvenient and needs to be changed or I'm taking my business somewhere else