No Service

SOLVED
Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

No Service

Hi,

My phone says 'searching system' for 5 minutes and then goes into power save mode. I've always had a good signal at this house previously.

10 REPLIES
Agent

Re: No Service

Hello!

I'm sorry for the late response. Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and pin, to better assist you?

Heavy Hitter

My service is back. Thanks.

Heavy Hitter

Well heck. After weeks of no problem, now the symptoms of No Service are back. It's been like that for 3 days now.

Heavy Hitter

I dropped in to the local Radio Shack store to see if they had any insights, since they are also a Sprint store. From eavesdropping on other customer conversations I found out that 

1. The "sprint tower" is down and has been since Monday (it's now Thursday).
  2. Many customers were perplexed because they are getting messages about the Verizon network on their Sprint phones. Apparently they have phones that are capable of 'roaming' to the Verizon network while the Sprint network is down.
  3. My Audiovox 8610 phone can't roam over to Verizon, so it's just dead.
  4. The problem with "the tower", they say, is that a generator has failed.
  5. The new parts are in to fix "the tower" so it should be operational some time soon.

I assume "the tower" in question is a microwave backhaul tower up in the mountains because why would a generator outage affect a tower down here on the valley floor since the power grid is working fine?

So I wait.

And now its Friday and still no service. Any one get an "official" response from the company? Not everyone can just put there lives on hold for days and weeks at a time. Is there even an estimated time for service to return?
Heavy Hitter

Well my phone is finally showing some bars now. That was one mighty long outage. Good luck everybody.

Usually, if you call support, they should be able to pinpoint if there is a current outage in your area. Not cool, you had to find out the hard way.

Heavy Hitter

Support's ability to pinpoint outages should apply to this forum at least as well as it does to their capacity to field phone calls.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

pacifist wrote:

Support's ability to pinpoint outages should apply to this forum ...

@pacifist good shout out! I can't speak to specifics/where/when at this point, but bringing outage info into this Community is definitely something we are looking into.

-Be

------------------------------------------------------------------
Found a helpful, funny or interesting post? Give it a “Kudo” to say thanks.
Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accepted Solution” to help other Community members find it.