Virgin Mobile

Phone stuck on roaming

Enthusiast

Phone stuck on roaming

My phone is stuck in roaming mode. I haven't travelled outside of my coverage area. Haven't even left my hometown and my phone is still saying roam I've tried restarting my phone and updating my PRL but, it goes right back into roaming mode. Any idea how to fix this?
24 REPLIES 24
Agent

Re: Phone stuck on roaming

Hi, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Let's get this thing figured out. What type of phone do you have?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I have an LG tribute HD
Agent

Thanks. Please dial the code ##72786#. If the phone asks for confirmation, select the option to do so. Once the process is completed, try to use the services again. 

Enthusiast

Is this going to reset the phone?
Agent

It will reset the network parameters. Your personal information will not be touched.

Enthusiast

I typed the number and it reactivated the phone but it still says roaming. It has a pop up that says "you have lost your data connctivity because you left your home network with data roaming turned off" and I haven't left the town I live in
Agent

Sorry to hear that. Were you able to connect to the network from that same location before?

Enthusiast

I was. My data was perfectly fine before and this started about a two days ago it said roaming instead of 3G
Agent

We understand. Allow us to take a closer look. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.