Virgin Mobile

Phone won't update service

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Phone won't update service

I bought a used Samsung J7 Refine for Virgin Mobile (carrier locked). It came with a new sim card. Sim card has boostmobile, Sprint, and Virgin Mobile. I tried swapping my phone online. The ICC ID would not work. I called customer service, gave them the IMEI and ICC numbers & they told me to shut down both phones, call the ##... number on the new phone, agree to the prompt, and the new phone will work.

I did this. Phone had a pop-up message saying the phone is activated. I can NOT make calls, NO mobile network. When I try to make a call an automated system says the phone is not activated. Online my account shows my correct phone number and the new phone listed (Refine). But the phone does not work and does not have my phone number. I tried swapping / activating the phone again online, and now it won't accept the IMEI number. It was accepted previously when I tried earlier. The phone does not show my phone number. The phone shows the number from the SIM card. 000-00-etc. I can NOT update the software, profile, or PRL. I tried multiple times. With and without wifi. phone will not update. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast
3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: Phone won't update service

Let's take a closer look. Can you send us a private message so we can investigate? 

Enthusiast

Re: Phone won't update service

message sent

Enthusiast