Virgin Mobile

SUPER SLOW DATA SPEEDS LTE

Whiz Kid

SUPER SLOW DATA SPEEDS LTE

I work in the middle of a large city and my data speed is super slow. When I am home, 20 miles into the suburbs, speed is great. This change just happened with the new year, in 2017, I had no issues, but in 2018, I can't even load my email on my phone while at work. I sit right by a wall of windows too..... Thanks for any help!

13 REPLIES 13
Whiz Kid

Re: SUPER SLOW DATA SPEEDS LTE

I am having a similar problem.  My internet has been slow lately and since the beginning of February 2018 I have had to add three 1 GB datapacks because I exceed my high speed data cap.  I have not been using internet any more than usual exept in the very beginning of the month.  Last year and prior I didn't need to add data packs so often.  Once in a while.  Something is eating up my data.  I have deleted some apps, restricted data on certain apps.  I think VM is trying to make me change my plan or get rid of me completely since I am an Android user and they hate us now.

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @stedtale and @supanyc63! The connection can be affected by the amount of users on the network. We can also review the area to confirm the status of the towers around you. If you'd like us to do so, feel free to send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Whiz Kid

I'm sorry, where is the message option on your profile?  I don't see one.

Whiz Kid

I am currently experiencing the same issue. 10 year customer, no problems until switching to J7 refine about 1.5 months ago. Please, if there is anything to remedy this.
Agent

Hey, @BGOszman! Noticed that you put your personal info publicly. Please delete and send us a private message instead. Thanks!

Whiz Kid

Where is personal message option?
Agent

You can send us a private message just clicking on my name and then selecting “Send this user a private message".

Whiz Kid

Mine is crazy slow too for no reason at all.. I have the unlimited plan and no matter where I am it’s crazy slow please help
Agent

Hi, @ETHANTODD70! Thank you for stopping by. We apologize for this experience. Definitely want to look into this for you. How many signal bars do you have? Do you see the 3G or 4G LTE icon on your phone?