Virgin Mobile

Samsung galaxy J3 (2016) not downloading mms messages

Whiz Kid

Samsung galaxy J3 (2016) not downloading mms messages

I have a samsung galaxy j3 (2016) that will not download about half of the mms messages i get. Wifi is turned off. Mobile data is enabled. I have restarted the phone many times. I have called customer service. but they couldn't help. Someone please help.

10 REPLIES 10
Agent

Re: Samsung galaxy J3 (2016) not downloading mms messages

Hey there, samuelthart! I'd be happy to help you. Please send me a Private Message with your phone number and PIN to further assist you.. 

Enthusiast

I am having the same issue, can the issue be fixed?

Enthusiast

Hello! were you able to get your mms issue resolved?

Agent

Hello there tmtrocki. Sorry about the hassle with MMS. Can you please let us know how much internal memory you have left? Also, please delete as many store messages as possible from your device. Lastly, move media to a memory card or delete media from your device that's not needed. After ensuring this, try to get a MMS text. If all of the above is true and you still unable to receive MMS, please let us know. 

Enthusiast

still having the issue, went thru deleted old messages etc,,,samsung corp advised problem is with the service being provided by my service provider, virgin mobile. I hope not, really like the service other than this issue which is really annoying. please help resolve this. could the phone itself be the problem? i have the insurance coverage.

Agent

Well, giving the circumstances, no outages, you are able to access the internet using mobile data, can make and receive calls and normal text, let's reprogram your device. If that does not work, I can only recommend a factory reset. This option will wipe your device and may fix any glitch it may have. You will need to back up your data if you agree to it. First, program your phone by entering ##72786#, accept all the prompts. Make sure your Wi-Fi is off and mobile data on. The try to receive a MMS. Let us know if that work.

Enthusiast

ok, did all of that, reprogram, backed up restored, factory reset, still the same issue, this is not acceptable, if phone does not work correctly will the insurance cover the broken phone? Help!!!!!!

Agent

Sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this issue, @tmtrocki. Please, send us a private message with your phone number and PIN so we can assist you further.

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Virgin Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".

Enthusiast

ok, have done all that you have asked, issue still not resolved, what's happening folks?