Virgin Mobile

Sim card locked/ No service

Enthusiast

Sim card locked/ No service

I got a message that says my sim card is locked and to reboot. I rebooted and I still have no service. Unable to connect to the network. Seems theres an authentication issue with my phone and the network.
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Sim card locked/ No service

Hey there, mike3! Did you swap device or SIM card?

Enthusiast

I took the Sim card out and tried another from my previous phone (same model) to see if there was an issue with thesim card because I wasnt getting any service. Then I put the original back in and it was locked. But it only said that after I did network reset.

Understood. Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and PIN together with your device IMEI/DEC and SIM card number? 

To send me a private message, please click on my username and select to send a private message.

Enthusiast

Hi
My issue has returned a week later. My sim card isnt locked but Im getting no service again.
Agent

So sorry to hear that, @mike3. Let’s check this thing out. Are you getting error message besides no service? How long have you been experiencing this issue? Can you send us the cross streets and ZIP codes where this occurs?

Enthusiast

Since yesterday morning. I get no service all throughout Austin Tx. Right now Im in 78750 but I didnt get any service at work either which is a different area code. It says no service at first then shows Virgin Mobile in the corner. The service triangle is empty. I looked at the phone settings and every thing comes up ( number, serial numbers, sim numbers etc. One thing i notice is one setting says service state radio off.
Agent

Thank you, mike3. We’re aware of an outage impacting our customers. Please know that our team is investigating this issue and we hope to have it resolved soon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Enthusiast

Is there still an outage? Im still not getting any service on my phone.
Agent

Hello, @mike3. Thank you for stopping by. Could you please send us your cross streets and zip code to better assist you? -Kira_M.